Help with ROM Hacking

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by sniper_zero, Jul 1, 2017.

1. sniper_zero
    OP

sniper_zero Member

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2011
    Hello! I want to try rom hacking FE Awakening and Fates but this will be my first time trying to do so. I tried searching for guides but since a lot of development has been made with cfw, I don't know which guide I should be following.

Can anyone just give me an outline on what I need to do to get started with rom hacking? I have luma3ds 8.1

2. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    No tutorials have been made in regards to Awakening/Fates ROM hacking. Every thing that has been done so far is through experience in ROM hacking/hex editing and from trial and error. Your chances of getting a tutorial are about as slim as finding a needle in a haystack. Too much work goes into writing a tutorial for Fates/Awakening ROM hacking that it's not worth it.

3. sniper_zero
    OP

sniper_zero Member

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2011
    Hmm...I suppose I can try searching for nightmare editors but how do people get access to the rom in the first place? And how do they repack it?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice