Hacking Help With RetroArch Vita!

AceTest

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry if there is already another thread about this. Just recently i started using my emulators and realised my Vita would be Perfect for this job after i got Henkaku. I have been using emulators for a long time(psp era with gpsp) and have yet to try RetroArch.

Can someone in simple terms tell how i set up RetroArch on my vita and emulate the games? It just seems a bit confusing at this point, since i am used to just putting Gpsp+Roms :P

I have the latest version of RetroArch from Buildbot and everything. Thanks in advance for helping me out at this :) (i kinda feel dumb for asking haha)

Faptastic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Install vpk .launch emulator.load content.click game. I like to put Roms in labeled folders so they are easier to find . Some emulators require extra files such as turbo grafx if you want to play turbo CD games

Reactions: AceTest

AceTest

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Install vpk .launch emulator.load content.click game. I like to put Roms in labeled folders so they are easier to find . Some emulators require extra files such as turbo grafx if you want to play turbo CD games

So basically, retroarch is not an emulator that hosts multiple emulators?
If i am right, after extracting RetroArch i see multiple Vpk's and i just pick the emulator i want, install it and all done? (that is the confusing part for me)
And everything else is straight forward from there right? Thanks for the reply tho :)

AceTest

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That's how I did it. Each emulator as it's own bubble. It's straight forward
Thanks for the help :)
I actually got a bit confused after reading the RetroArch thread haha, the whole core and etc info made me think retro arch was the emu with multiple emulator functionality or something. All cleared up now!

Faptastic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's how I did it. Each emulator as it's own bubble. It's straight forward
Thanks for the help :)
I actually got a bit confused after reading the RetroArch thread haha, the whole core and etc info made me think retro arch was the emu with multiple emulator functionality or something. All cleared up now!
Glad to help. I know with the Android version you can switch cores (emulators) from one app. There could be a way with the Vita version perhaps that I am unaware of. It was confusing for me as well at first

Blue24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea for example: retroarch fceumm just install vpk launch emu>Load Content>pick game. I made a Nes folder in ux0/Nes

AceTest

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Meep.
You called?
You really should have called; both to clean up these forums and for the fact I don't mind requests like these!
Haha true,
From future will do that. Guess i should just close the thread for now? (Like ask someone to archive this noob question so people in the future can just look at this and know. And also not clutter this thread anymore since it served its purpose)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Find the studio rips, like a few GBs per song lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, game boys per song?
    I used to have a few of those with Direct Sound on XP and Audigy Platinum sound card with high end speakers was a glorious time for audio
    Lol no Gigabytes per song
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some websites have full studio rips of production kind of hard to find for obvious reasons
    +1
    Not sure current audio codec based sound built in to motherboards can handle the bit depth those used
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I just use mp3 files of the best quality i can find
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I say fuck it and open Spotify 80% of your musics already on it probably
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or just put in on yt
    Xdqwerty for most people hearing anything better than 256Kbps MP3 they cannot tell the difference
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    play the songs video
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Audiophiles mjs second allegation
    Pedo Audio what ever MJ was into he lost a glove
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mjs glove fit
    Billies Jeans did not
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mj you are the father