Hacking Question Help with RCM mode

BlaiseDaKyng

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a unpatched Switch (SN# XAW100285) that iv been trying to install homebrew on. the issue that i seem to be running into is after entering RCM Mode (using a rcm jig and holding down the volume + and power button) nothing happens on the screen no back light. but when i connect it to my pc with the usb-c my switch powers back on and shows thats its charging. Iv been following the NH switch Guide but keep getting stuck on the part where to inject the payload.

Using a Linux System but also tried on windows.

Last edited by BlaiseDaKyng,

Bergot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a unpatched Switch (SN# XAW100285) that iv been trying to install homebrew on. the issue that i seem to be running into is after entering RCM Mode (using a rcm jig and holding down the volume + and power button) nothing happens on the screen no back light. but when i connect it to my pc with the usb-c my switch powers back on and shows thats its charging. Iv been following the NH switch Guide but keep getting stuck on the part where to inject the payload.

Using a Linux System but also tried on windows.
You have to push the payload after enter RCM mode...via tegraRCM (PC) or an APP on mobile.

BlaiseDaKyng

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to push the payload after enter RCM mode...via tegraRCM (PC) or an APP on mobile.

Is my Switch suppose to turn on after connecting it to pc? the screen remains blank with no light until i connect it to my pc and it doesnt show was being detected in my drivers list.

Bergot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is my Switch suppose to turn on after connecting it to pc? the screen remains blank with no light until i connect it to my pc and it doesnt show was being detected in my drivers list.
The switch dont turn on when enter the RCM only after you inject the payload...

After you enter RCM and conect to your PC.. The tegra detects your switch??

04753bf885f2fb11034266ebc876400a.jpg

dxxshore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No it's not supposed to turn in, if you have good enough USB type c cable tegrarcm should read it when you plug in. And make sure to go to settings on tegrarcm and install driver

dxxshore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it's turning on its not in rcm mode, what kind of jig are you using? Make sure you're holding vol button first. I used Reynolds wrap foil for my jig 3 times.

Last edited by dxxshore,

BlaiseDaKyng

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it's turning on its not in rcm mode, what kind of jig are you using? Make sure you're holding vol button first.

Using a RCM jig ordered on amazon. when i power off my switch than hold the volume + and power button for 10 sec nothing happens screens remains black no back light its not until i connect it to my computer to inject the payload does it turn back on.

dxxshore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not supposed to come back on until you inject the payload. It sounds like you're jig is the problem.
Small tip if your system is in rcm it won't turn on with a push of power button, you have to press and hold to turn it off in rcm.

Last edited by dxxshore,
Reactions: BlaiseDaKyng

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not supposed to come back on until you inject the payload. It sounds like you're jig is the problem.
Small tip if your system is in rcm it won't turn on with a push of power button, you have to press and hold to turn it off in rcm.
Dxxshore is correct. RCM wont show a backlight or anything. Plugging in the switch to a PC at that point should do nothing on the switch screen. If you see a charging icon then you are NOT in RCM.

I would do this:

1. Plug in your switch to your PC
2. Hold power for 30 secs
3. Put in jig and hold power and +
4. ???
5. Profit

BlaiseDaKyng

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was finally able to get my switch in rcm mode by following what you said to make sure. but now im having issue of it not being detected when i plug it into my computer. tried using different ports on computer

pcwizard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i was finally able to get my switch in rcm mode by following what you said to make sure. but now im having issue of it not being detected when i plug it into my computer. tried using different ports on computer

did TegraRcmGUI ask to install the driver? open TegraRcmGUI.exe NOT TegraRcmSmash.exe the icon on bottom left of its window will be green when in tcm

To install the driver if it didn't ask then go to settings then install driver

https://github.com/eliboa/TegraRcmGUI/releases

Last edited by pcwizard7,

BlaiseDaKyng

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

BlaiseDaKyng

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and...? you can add your own payloads as the ones that come bundle are out of date. remove the old ones and add new ones in favorites folder
i did but its still saying No RCM so im unable to inject a payload.

am i suppose to remove the jig after entering rcm mode but before connecting to pc? iv seen people say different idk if that could be the issue.

pcwizard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i did but its still saying No RCM so im unable to inject a payload.

am i suppose to remove the jig after entering rcm mode but before connecting to pc? iv seen people say different idk if that could be the issue.

ok lets take this one more time

1. hold power for 15 secs
2. place jig in the right rail to the bottom
3. hold power+vol + for few seconds and u should have blank screen
4. plug into pc and it should see switch in rcm mode
5. push the payload

could u post a photo of jig i remember the early ones on ebay were cheap and were badly made

also check the right rail at the bottom and see if u have any bent pins? post photo if unsure

BlaiseDaKyng

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok lets take this one more time

1. hold power for 15 secs
2. place jig in the right rail to the bottom
3. hold power+vol + for few seconds and u should have blank screen
4. plug into pc and it should see switch in rcm mode
5. push the payload

could u post a photo of jig i remember the early ones on ebay were cheap and were badly made

also check the right rail at the bottom and see if u have any bent pins? post photo if unsure

it was the amazon
41qG1KYCjDL._AC_UL320_ML3_.jpg
i checked my pins and none are bent.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    @SylverReZ Never heard of tiger crust. What is it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Its known as tiger bread, also known as dutch crust.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    It's fuggin gooooood
    +1
    I mean. Whats different about it?
    Never even seen a tiger crust pizza in any stores around here. Walmart, Cub, or otherwise.
    Must be a regional thing.
    Gonna smoke this bowl then go get kitties ashes. <3
    Last thing I told her is how much I love her, and that Im not leaving her there forever and I promise to come back and take her back home with me.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    halllo
  • Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit:
    hello, anyone is able to create cheat patches for cemu? i have a simple request if anyone can help
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Rest in piece. Hope she rests well, she'll always love you too. :sad:
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @RedColoredStars, Rest in piece. Hope she rests well, she'll always love you too. :sad: