Help With Randomizing Pokemon Moon

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by John_Titor, Jan 23, 2017.

1. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    That's all wrong. It goes in luma/code_sections, and you have to rename the code.bin to Sun's TitleID aka 0004000000164800.bin. The .bins do not belong in a folder other than luma/code_sections. They only belong in a folder if you are using the latest Luma nightly, then it goes in luma/titles/<title id>.

Last edited by KunoichiZ, Jan 26, 2017
  2. MarcusCarter

MarcusCarter Goodra the Great

Jan 7, 2012
    United States
    Indianapolis, IN
    I did not know about the latest Nightly being different, so my bad. Also, I guess I was mixing up the Luma patch structure with HANS' patch structure, probably because I assumed that they used the same (or at least similar) folder structures.

3. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    Try renaming the code.bin to either Sun or Moon's title ID, depending on the game you have. Make sure you're using the code.bin from the 1.1 update that you've patched to work with SaltySD.

Last edited by KunoichiZ, Jan 26, 2017
  4. Exypnos

Exypnos Member

Newcomer
    Jan 25, 2017
    United States
    Meaning, the one from earlier in the thread?

5. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    Meaning, the one from the update. My patched code.bins are 5588 KB each, 1 for Sun and 1 for Moon.

6. Exypnos

Exypnos Member

Newcomer
    Jan 25, 2017
    United States
    Would I put the renamed file in the folder with Sun's ID or just have it by itself in no folder in "code_sections"?

7. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    Read v.

8. Exypnos

Exypnos Member

Newcomer
    Jan 25, 2017
    United States
    Ah okay, since I use Luma 6.6 I'd rename the file and put it into code_sections. That seems pretty legit I'll give that a try tomorrow and see how it goes.

9. Exypnos

Exypnos Member

Newcomer
    Jan 25, 2017
    United States
    IT WORKED OH MY GOD MY STARTER IS A TREVENANT THANK YOU

KunoichiZ likes this.
  10. Exypnos

Exypnos Member

Newcomer
    Jan 25, 2017
    United States
    I have another question (sorry) I got the randomizer to work and everything and it's great, I also went ahead and modded a lot of the music, but how do I randomize items? I used PK3ds, coppied Shop.cro and put it into the same folder as "a" (for randomizer) and "data" (for the music) under SD:\SaltySD\SunMoon. I'm assuming this is right but when I go and buy something my whole 3DS crashes pretty badly. (Takes like 5 minutes to boot back up.) Help?

11. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    I've never randomized items so I can't help you. Sorry.

12. Exypnos

Exypnos Member

Newcomer
    Jan 25, 2017
    United States
    Damn, well you've helped plenty so that's understandable. But I seriously can't find ANY tutorial online for randomizing items.

13. TheMachinumps

TheMachinumps <insert custom title here>

Oct 31, 2016
    Portugal
    yes
    Last edited by TheMachinumps, Feb 4, 2017
  14. Exypnos

Exypnos Member

Newcomer
    Jan 25, 2017
    United States
    Awe. :( I've seen other people do it but I guess they're FBI level hackers, rip.

15. TheMachinumps

Oct 31, 2016
    Portugal
    yes
    I'm dumping my retail Moon copy using D9W. I will try to randomize it, and will give some info on how to do it, if I do it

16. Exypnos

Exypnos Member

Newcomer
    Jan 25, 2017
    United States
    Thanks! And isn't Braindump a lot easier? D9W dumps it as one weird file I forgot what the extension was called.

17. TheMachinumps

Oct 31, 2016
    Portugal
    yes
    If you know what you are doing, it's pretty easy to mess around with it. It usually dumps .3ds files (decrypted or not) or .cia files (CTR Importable Archive files, yes, I checked it) It does take a bit longer, but it's not that much really. I also made a tool that allows anyone to easily extract a RomFS from any game, in any extension (.cxi, .cia, decrypted .3ds). (Yes, I took inspiration from Asia81's HackingToolkit3DS).

18. TheMachinumps

Oct 31, 2016
    Portugal
    yes
    This is going to take longer than I expected. I dumped a decrypted 3ds using D9W, extracted the RomFS using my toolkit, but It didn't want to load up in PK3DS. I now dumping a CIA of the game, I'm going to extract the RomFS using my toolkit and Asia81's toolkit and see if it works. Wish me luck...

19. Exypnos

Exypnos Member

Newcomer
    Jan 25, 2017
    United States
    Just use Braindump. It's super easy, D9W was nothing but trouble for me.

20. TheMachinumps

Oct 31, 2016
    Portugal
    yes
    I don't if it's D9W or PK3DS, because every time I try to open the extracted RomFS, it just doesn't load...