Help with psx eboots

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by Hedgehogofchaos, Nov 27, 2008.

Nov 27, 2008

Help with psx eboots by Hedgehogofchaos at 3:50 AM (1,749 Views / 0 Likes) 15 replies

1. Hedgehogofchaos
    OP

Member Hedgehogofchaos GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I have made the eboots using ice tea 1.0 and when i load them with pops the screen goes black and then my psp shuts of I was just wondering how to play them.
    my firmware is 5.00 M33-3

2. Midna

Banned Midna Banned

Albania
    REcently Sony released a new firmware that makes it so that psx eboots don't work. Hackers, chiefly "Arm the Homeless" figured out that it was necessary to preform a physical demodulation of the flange widgets on the mem pro duo. When demodulating a mem pro duo, it is usually best to use a #7 demodulator, but some brands, depending on the ancoticity of the memory card bloc technology may use a higher demod. number. I'd ask someone else for a more through explanation.

3. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    HUH WUT!? [​IMG]

WHAT KINDA USLESS ANSWER IS THAT!?

5.00 M33-3 works fine if you want to make PSX EBOOTS I suggest using PSX2PSP v.1.4.2 but you will need to find a working version of HOT SHOTS GOLF 2 psx eboot to add the files from that to the FILES folder of PSX2PSP you will need to rename the HOT SHOTS 2 eboot file EBOOT.PBP to BASE.PBP and then you will be able to create your own EBOOTS from PSX iso/image files [​IMG]

the rest is pretty much figure it out its not that difficult [​IMG]

4. Raestloz

Member Raestloz GBATemp's Lone Wolf

Indonesia
    Another answer would be to use imgburn to make the ISO, I tried using..... I forgot, what I remember is the PBP didn't work, I searched on the internet and it may be caused by bad ISO converted into PBP, which automatically makes them doesn't work

I use PSX2PSP GUI, works like a charm and is so user-friendly even a newb like me can make a PBP at once [​IMG] and no, it doesn't require any new stuff, my PSX2PSP rar included trimmed version of the base.pbp, do you have to get that Hotshots golf 2 by yourself?

Did you make the ISO yourself?

If so:
    -Do other ISOs made with your choice program work before?
    -If so, check whether does your disc is scratched or not, a simple scratch can decide an ISO's fate, works or not
    -If the other ISOs don't work too, use imgburn, this free program is guaranteed to create a great ISO for PBP conversion

Did you find the ISO on the internet?
    If so:
    -Find another source of download, with another file, having a digfferent source with teh same file is worthless
    -Try to make the ISO yourself, it's a sure-fire way to make sure you're doing everything right

Are you using a popsloader?
    If so:
    -Try to use the default emulator rather than the older popsloader, usually it works like a charm
    -Try to use another version of posploader, preferably an older one, some games are known to work best with older version of popsloader, but majority works better with the newest emulator

Do other games from the same source (yourself or the internet) works but not this one?
    If so:
    -Check whether is this particular game a problematic one or not, for example is Brave Fencer Musashiden, it needs PAL region to work, Parasite Eve 2 needs another Game ID to work better, so does FF8

If evry ther thing fails, ask yourself this question:
    -Is this a PSX game afterall? [​IMG] since PS2 games will never work on PSP [​IMG]

Also, what is the name of the game you're trying to play?

5. Midna

Banned Midna Banned

Albania
    Look here, you'll know.
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=114702&hl

6. Raestloz

Member Raestloz GBATemp's Lone Wolf

Indonesia
    Umm.. I don't wanna read 5 pages full of text, can you tell me the gist of it? I see no correlation between Wii Hacking and SONY PSP

7. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom

A quick off the cuff joke like that works just the once you know!

The next time its used then its just MINDLESS STOLEN NONE CONTRIBUTIONING POINTLESS SPAM!

8. Ryupower

Member Ryupower Brood

United States
  9. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    You also no longer need the BASE.PBP file any more....it was removed as an absolute requirement long, long ago by the inclusion of the DATA file. It's therefore optional whether you have it or not.

10. Ferrariman

Member Ferrariman Hip-Flop and cRap

Canada
    *Makes Ferrariman's day*

11. War

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    If you have popsloader working correctly, this shouldn't be happening... Install popsloader, look up the correct pops firmware version for your game, make sure the eboot has been made correctly, and everything will be fine.

12. Hedgehogofchaos
    OP

Canada
    thanks for the help I will try this out later but right now I gotta finish up a chem lab.

13. nutta_nic

Member nutta_nic GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    i had the same issue as you with ff7 and all i did was instead of creating an iso file i created a cue/bin file and it solved my problem
    hope this helps

14. Hedgehogofchaos
    OP

Canada
    all done my homework and my psp eboots work chrono trigger and ff IV and VII

15. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    The creation of PSX eboot's has variables which determine some games compatibility which are seldom mentioned. The programs that you use to rip your original discs and then to convert the image to eboot have a significant effect upon some games. That's why downloading ready made eboot's is a bad idea for optimum compatibility because you have no idea of how they've been made.

16. kazuki_pl

Member kazuki_pl GBAtemp Regular

Poland
    @first post

i dont know how anyone can have any popsloader based problems while using 5.00 m33-3... this soft is almost perfect ( all eboots that were epically failing on 4.01 m33-3 works like gold now... for example BoF4 or SRWAG ), all you need to have is a full pops package. and for converting games i suggest Simple PopStationGui