Help with Patched Zelda save on R4

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by blechner, Sep 28, 2010.

Sep 28, 2010
  1. blechner
    OP

Newcomer blechner Member

Brazil
    Hi, Before posting here I searched this forum but did not find a person with a problem similar to mine... so here it goes:
    I was playing the patched version of Zelda Spirit Tracks (by Xenophobia) on my oficial R4 1.18 when I found out that Wood R4 is a far better software and has far more game compatibility than the oficial 1.18... After migrating to Wood R4 (v 1.13) I noticed that the save file was not being detected (yes, I renamed it to .nds.sav). I tested my save with both the patched and unpatched versions of the game and both games ran fine on Wood R4... however, my save did not work on neither of them... I've tried converting the save to 1MB using some converters I found around here but nothing seemed to work... I always get a "creating save file" when I run Zelda... I don't know wheter it is even possible to do what I am trying to do.. I mean... the patched game may have done something to the save that makes it incompatible with other R4 software and with the unpatched version of the game, I really don't know... if someone out there ran into the same problem, please post here the solution (if any!). Just so you know, the saves of my other games worked on Wood R4...
    If there is no solution to this, maybe I should finish Zelda on R4 1.18 first and only then migrate to Wood R4...
    Thanks.

2. blechner
    OP

Newcomer blechner Member

Brazil
    Come on! Seriously? Not a single person with the same problem? Ok, at least 40 people took the time to read my post. Thanks anyway.

3. sinbad.the.saile

Newcomer sinbad.the.saile Advanced Member

United States
  4. blechner
    OP

Newcomer blechner Member

Brazil
    Thanks! It worked! The description of this converter did not say it would suit this purpose but it did! I can now update to Wood R4! I can also play the newest professor layton and zelda without having to switch between R4 1.18 and Wood R4. Uhuuuu! I am 29 and yet I sound like a child! [​IMG]
    (BTW, what's a tf?)

5. sinbad.the.saile

Newcomer sinbad.the.saile Advanced Member

United States
    Trans Flash (microSD) card