ROM Hack Help with Obtaining 3DS ROM Header

Would you take advantage of a 3DS ROM dumping service?

• Total voters

mylesofsmiles

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
I have run into a bit of a problem which I am sure other users may also be experiencing. I recently bought a New 3DS XL and have no way to obtain a header from a private ROM. I do NOT have an "Original" 3DS or any of its variants, so running a Gateway 3DS is out of the question. I have a Sky3DS so I will not be able to obtain it through that route either. Is there anyone out there kind enough with the proper setup to help me (and possibly others) to obtain headers through a private ROM dump? I wouldn't mind paying a small fee for this service. I am shocked because after searching I am unable to find a service of this type for this device. And with the recent "ban wave" news, I think it is time for someone with the proper tools to start a service for this reason. Please let me know if you could help me obtain a header.
Thanks

Reactions: timacbosoa

nosklo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have a Sky3DS so I will not be able to obtain it through that route either.
I know that you have a New 3DS but for the record, if someone else is reading this and have a sky3ds -- you can dump cartridges and extract headers without a gateway -- all you need is to gateway's launcher.dat file which is a free download on their website, and a 2DS/Old 3DS version between 4.0 and 9.2.
Is there anyone out there kind enough with the proper setup to help me (and possibly others) to obtain headers through a private ROM dump? I wouldn't mind paying a small fee for this service. I am shocked because after searching I am unable to find a service of this type for this device. And with the recent "ban wave" news, I think it is time for someone with the proper tools to start a service for this reason. Please let me know if you could help me obtain a header.
I have the proper tools (A 3DS XL with version 4.5 and a SD card) and I can dump any headers for you if you want. I won't even charge anything. Problem is that I need the source (original cartridge) to dump. You'd have to send me the cartridge, or send me the money so I can buy the cartridge here. I can even send it back to you afterwards.

GeBeCluck23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a "Hack Compatible" 3DS, (Firm 4.5) Gateway, and several retail games. I could send you a header no problem. Just PM me about it. And there's no WAY I'd charge for it! Even though technically it should be 100% legal, (after all, I bought these games, including their headers) there's no way I would consider charging for anything even indirectly related to hacking and homebrew, way too much of a gray area for me...

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
I have a "Hack Compatible" 3DS, (Firm 4.5) Gateway, and several retail games. I could send you a header no problem. Just PM me about it. And there's no WAY I'd charge for it! Even though technically it should be 100% legal, (after all, I bought these games, including their headers) there's no way I would consider charging for anything even indirectly related to hacking and homebrew, way too much of a gray area for me...

I'd be iffy on charging. A header is part of the copyrighted "licensed" material being sold on those cartridges. I would imagine since it's unique material that is specialty to Nintendo, it could arguably be seen the same as "selling ROM dumps".

It's likely nothing would come of it, but nonetheless, I wouldn't risk it.

mylesofsmiles

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd be iffy on charging. A header is part of the copyrighted "licensed" material being sold on those cartridges. I would imagine since it's unique material that is specialty to Nintendo, it could arguably be seen the same as "selling ROM dumps".

When I mentioned charging, I meant compensating for ones time to go through the process of receiving, dumping and sending back the cartridge. The concept doesn't seem too far off compared to extracting DVD drive keys from a console (such as an Xbox 360) a service which is very common and readily available. I only want the header which is a part of a ROM and shouldn't be seen the same as "selling ROM dumps".

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
When I mentioned charging, I meant compensating for ones time to go through the process of receiving, dumping and sending back the cartridge. The concept doesn't seem too far off compared to extracting DVD drive keys from a console (such as an Xbox 360) a service which is very common and readily available. I only want the header which is a part of a ROM and shouldn't be seen the same as "selling ROM dumps".

Given legal pursuit, the interpretation is up to the authorities.

Assuming you are providing your own game and will be receiving the game back, yes, it would be mostly the same. In a situation of somebody selling you a copy of their privately owned game and not providing the retail cartridge with it, that's more or less warez.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu

very kind guy, (not for me) but thanks for helping others :)

GeBeCluck23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Haha, exactly my point. There's no way I would charge for something this sketchy...

very kind guy, (not for me) but thanks for helping others :)

Lol, it's no trouble, really. I understand if others are too scared to use public headers, and aren't able to make their own. I especially feel for those who go completely digital, because they're even buying games officially, and still aren't able to make headers...

Bloodangel

Trophies
XP
Country

problem is, if you do this and send someone a private header for them to only use.. you would never be able to sell this cartridge or go online with it yourself..as you would then both be banned.

i too wish someone would provide me with my own legit private header... in past, i had 21 original carts...sold all of them when i got my sky3ds... but then they started this block/ban thing... but luckily i kept 1 original cart fantasy life :) ... but ive a sky3ds and a new 3ds xl thats 9.5 :( so ive no way of creating a private header for myself :(

Penny Morecash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Make a dump of your game using GW launcher and you will find the data you need at offset 0x1200 in the dumped image.
Use Swiss Army Knife to inject your personal data into the template file.

Don't give this template file to anyone else.

Christian Rosado

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello guys, please clear this up for me. I have a New 3DS on 9.5 so I cant dump my own header from what I understand. I mean using the gateway software. Also I use sky3ds cuz if my firmware. IS there any other method to dump my own header??? I reallly want to at least purchase dlc but ill probably get banned :/

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello guys, please clear this up for me. I have a New 3DS on 9.5 so I cant dump my own header from what I understand. I mean using the gateway software. Also I use sky3ds cuz if my firmware. IS there any other method to dump my own header??? I reallly want to at least purchase dlc but ill probably get banned :/

It's your fault for updating past a homebrewable firmware.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New but it was my brother's who didnt like it so i got it already updated. I just wanted to know if theres a way to dump my own header, if gateways the only method which I know only works up to 9.2

Your screwed then. The only way to dump a private header is with a gateway compatible 3ds.

You can't really buy them either. I could give you one but then there's no proof I actually gave you a private one. It could be a scene release header that everyone is using.

Christian Rosado

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your screwed then. The only way to dump a private header is with a gateway compatible 3ds.

You can't really buy them either. I could give you one but then there's no proof I actually gave you a private one. It could be a scene release header that everyone is using.

Its alright then, I mean the gateway method for dumping my own header, will get updated someday right? I dont care about waiting, I just wanna be sure itll work someday for my firmware? The launch method thing thats only up to 9.2?

Deleted member 361703

GBATemp OldFag
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
I have run into a bit of a problem which I am sure other users may also be experiencing. I recently bought a New 3DS XL and have no way to obtain a header from a private ROM. I do NOT have an "Original" 3DS or any of its variants, so running a Gateway 3DS is out of the question. I have a Sky3DS so I will not be able to obtain it through that route either. Is there anyone out there kind enough with the proper setup to help me (and possibly others) to obtain headers through a private ROM dump? I wouldn't mind paying a small fee for this service. I am shocked because after searching I am unable to find a service of this type for this device. And with the recent "ban wave" news, I think it is time for someone with the proper tools to start a service for this reason. Please let me know if you could help me obtain a header.
Thanks
i took my header from my rom using gateway rom tools. not sure if other tools can but they never worked for me

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its alright then, I mean the gateway method for dumping my own header, will get updated someday right? I dont care about waiting, I just wanna be sure itll work someday for my firmware? The launch method thing thats only up to 9.2?

It took gateway a year and a half to find a 5.0-9.2 exploit (9.2 was the highest at the time). They could release a 9.6 update next week or they could release it in 10 years. You never know.

But if your a pokemon fan then catch a legit moltres on XY and i'll trade a private header for that.

i took my header from my rom using romtools. not sure if other tools can but they never worked for me
How is he supposed to obtain his private rom?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Water park was quite fun
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Water park was quite fun