Help with my mouse

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by boof222, Feb 11, 2011.

Feb 11, 2011

Help with my mouse by boof222 at 7:51 AM (651 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. boof222
    OP

Member boof222 GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Well I have a logitech VX nano mouse that has been working great for the past year, but all of a sudden my laptop (Acer Aspire 5542) wont pick it up any more. The USB ports aren't screwed because they work with normal USB's so I don't know.
    I just recently got a macbook and I think it stopped being recognised after I used my mouse on the mac, maybe that's part of the problem. It still works on the Mac, but not on my Acer.
    Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

EDIT: My laptop does recognise that there is a USB device plugged in and logitech setpoint says there is a VX nano connected, but setpoint wont show any details for battery levels and the mouse just wont work.

2. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    If it still works on one device but not the other, then it's usually an issue with either USB ports, or drivers (or rarely, not enough power getting through to the device). First, uninstall the relevant drivers and reboot (rebooting is important). Then plug it back in and let it reinstall itself. That should be it.

If it doesn't work, try again but this time use a different port.

3. boof222
    OP

Member boof222 GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Thanks. I'll try that out a bit later and see if it works.

EDIT: Well it didn't work, but I don't really care any more. However, any other ideas will be appreaciated.