Hacking Help with Multiman and Emulators

Seffo182

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm really hoping someone can help me out with this.

I've been trying relentlessly to get this work...

What I want is a nice frontend with covers for all the retro emulators on the PS3.

It would be ideal to have the retro column in Multiman actually work.

I've been trying to install different versions of the the various emulators... I tried so many different versions of each. Retroarch, and various standalones.

So far I've only gotten fceu and snes9x to work (and old versions of those at that). No luck with the others. MM either says I don't have the emulator installed, or just hangs on a black screen.

I'm relatively new to PS3 CFW, so I've been periodically quick formatting my hdd, and flashing different cfws, to see which one works best for me.

So far though I've gotten the same results on ferrox standard 4.8.2, ferrox snake 4.8.2, and Rebug 4.81, Rebug 4.8.2, all with the latest Multiman release.

Maybe the emulators work with an older version of Multiman? (in which case would that not be supported on 4.82?)

Maybe they work with another loader instead?

I'm really hoping someone can point me in the right direction. As I'm absolutely exhausted, through much efforts with little results.

Thanks!

Seffo182

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the reply. Yes i've tried retroxmb.
What has set me in motion though is adding Elite Edition to multiman. Gets the emulators running through mm.

Edit: Actually what I found is that Multiman Elite version isn't needed although it does work.
A simpler way is just to install Retroarch 0.9.8. Beta 3. It can be installed over the latest retroarch without conflicting with that build, and allows for the retro column in Mm to actually work.

Last edited by Seffo182,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock