Help with Jump Ultimate stars english patch please! ^^

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Burrito84, Oct 6, 2009.

1. Burrito84
    OP

Newcomer Burrito84 Newbie

United States
    Hello, everyone i'm new to the forums!

Also i have a very important question, if anyone could help me out it would be appreciated. I bought a "R4 SDHC Upgrade Revolution" (clone) that finally came in the mail yesterday, I'm extremely happy with it evrything works fine so far but the reason why i got this card was so i could play Jump ultimate stars english patched version of the game.

So here's the problem.. I have the JP ROM version of it and installed it on the R4 and it works fine, Then i tried patching it using DSpatcher ect. and even downloaded a so called Patched version of it and they don't work as soon as i choose to play the game on my R4 and it says "Loading" as soon as it loads i get a white screen. So my question is Does anyone else have this problem or was able to solve it? Is it because of my Card? or anyone else has the same card as me and was able to play a patched version fine?

any help would be appreciated thank you everyone!

2. injected11

Member injected11 Crescent Freshâ„¢

United States
    Your card is a DSTT clone, which needs a specific fix. It's been ages since I did it so I can't recall where I found it. It involved patching a rom, unpacking it, taking a clean version and unpacking it, dragging certain files from the patched rom to the clean rom, then repacking the "clean" rom. Google around for a DSTT JUS fix, and when you find something that sounds vaguely like I've described, you've found it.

3. Burrito84
    OP

United States
    Hmm, I found what you told me here
    on a website.

And followed the instructions but at the last step where it says run the PATCH.bat it says files not found and it doesent leave the patched rom like it should =/

-Edit Sorry about posting that i forgot.

4. DarkCrudus

Member DarkCrudus The Ghost

United States
    id remove that post... its a rom site.

5. Burrito84
    OP

United States
    Update- Ok so i was able to Patch a clean rom of JUS and i ran the patcher .Bat in the same folder with the Clean rom and the patched rom, Everything worked fined, it turned into a single ROM i put it on my R4 SDHC Upgrade Revolution and this time it din't stay on the white screen, The game booted up and everything But like 20 seconds into the opening cinematic it freezes.. Does anyone know what could be wrong now?

I feel like i did everything right followed every step. If anyone could help i'd be very greateful thank you.

6. Burrito84
    OP

United States
    Sorry about all this, I'm still kinda new to the whole R4 thing and such, I tried searching the forums for this fix from old post's but i couln't find any.

If anyone has the same problem with Jump Ultimate stars English ROM freezing on their R4 SDHC upgrade revolution and somehow managed to fix it, please help me out thanks [​IMG]

7. injected11

Member injected11 Crescent Freshâ„¢

United States
    Make a backup of everything on your SD card, format it, put everything back on the card, and see if it still freezes.