help with installing cios installer (softmii 2.0)

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by lavamasta, Feb 21, 2009.

Feb 21, 2009
  1. lavamasta
    OP

Member lavamasta GBAtemp Regular

United States
    k guys i have had trouble with tryin to get cios installer on softmii v2.0 (the one with sonic) [​IMG] i load the installer, press "A" when it says to and then i get some error after it gets to 15/15 and it says an error and then "install returned -1" k so anyways i do that and it takes me back to homebrew channel [​IMG] im on frimware 3.4u [​IMG] so its supposed to work... is there something else i gotta install first? i tried installing wad manager and stuff first but i still get the same error... plz help! i would be much grateful and will contribute as much as i can oncei have knowledge in wii hacking [​IMG]

2. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    You can't bet at softmii and 3.4 at the same time. And the cIOS installer is not supposed to work with 3.4. And softmii includes cioscorp, which should include the cIOS.

3. lavamasta
    OP

United States
    ooh so u mean i just need to use ciscorp first and then downgrade, then cios installer?

4. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    No, Downgrade then use cIOSCorp and leave the cIOS installer alone

5. Lubbo

Member Lubbo GBAtemp Traceur

Australia
    also make sure u have all the gamecube memory cards and controllers out when installing it thats what happened with me

6. lavamasta
    OP

United States
    k well thx guys, i got it all figured out now and im playing free vc/wiiware games now [​IMG] im just figuring out how to do backup games and iso games now [​IMG]