Hacking help with homebrew and gamma

troupe20

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A friend of mine installed the the homebrew channel on his wii then decided to update via the internet to the 4.0 menu. The menu showed the updates but the update ran into an error about 80% of the way through. He then decided to delete the hbc, format his system memory, then update again. This time the update finished, but he has not been about get the hbc back on the system. I have been reading and trying to find the best thing for him for my wii had no issues when I did mine. Anyone know what he can now do (or me because I am sure I will be the one doing it for him)? Or a better question is, is it even possible to install the hbc and whatever else is needed to get him going? Please help

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Tell him not to ever try to format his wii again. As for getting homebrew back now since hes on 4.0 you're gonna need to use bannerbomb and the hackmii installer from bootmii.org. If you can use that to also install bootmii to his boot2 and then back up his nand, that will protect him from anything stupid that he might decide to do. I think if you want to install anything beyond that you will have to follow some guides on downgrading certain IOS and such to run things off of, which shouldn't be too hard to search for.

troupe20

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks a lot for your help nabster. I did locate the bb program and the hackmii installer, but I am not sure where I need to place the files. I did what i though seem logical and put the installer on the sd card along with the "private" file from bb, but it told me is could not find the boot.dol/elf file. So naturally I put that one and I get "error -1030002011 installing ticket" message. Can someone please enlighten me?

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Take the installer.elf file from the hackmii installer download and rename it to boot.dol or boot.elf. Then I believe you put that in the root of your sd card and bannerbomb should find it. Then the hackmii installer should load and give you the options to install hbc, install dvdx, and bootmii.

troupe20

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone have a link to a tutorial to get put a backup loader on the wii with the 4.0 menu? Been searching for the last couple of hours and I dont think I have found anything that I can use yet. Anybodies help would be appreciated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...