Hacking help with Ghostbusters

AbraCadvr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
rare i ask for help but now i dont know what to do! im on an NTSC wii,using 4.1 firmware,cIOS rev14,Neogamma rev7 ..i lost wiimote connection at the warning screen! i know there is alot of post about it...i downloaded the game at 2 diff place "scrubbed version".now i dunno what to do!

Raziel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try using the alt .dol from disk option and turning on 002 error fix. i will tell you something about the Downloaded versions of Ghostbusters. i downloaded about 3 different scrubbed versions and neither would work no matter what i did. then i bought the game and installed it to my HD and it worked without having to tweak any alt .dol setting, only turned on the 002 fix. so it could be a bad DL.

EDIT: Just because you DLed them from different places doesn't mean that they didn't DL it too and put it up as their rips. just trying to help.

AbraCadvr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Raziel5000 said:
try using the alt .dol from disk option and turning on 002 error fix. i will tell you something about the Downloaded versions of Ghostbusters. i downloaded about 3 different scrubbed versions and neither would work no matter what i did. then i bought the game and installed it to my HD and it worked without having to tweak any alt .dol setting, only turned on the 002 fix. so it could be a bad DL.

EDIT: Just because you DLed them from different places doesn't mean that they didn't DL it too and put it up as their rips. just trying to help.

yeah i know! "Just because you DLed them from different places doesn't mean that they didn't DL it too and put it up as their rips. just trying to help."
002 error fix on neogamma rev7 is removed!
maybe i need to get the full "untouched" iso to get it to work?!

markedmanner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I play Ghostbusters with CIOS 38 rev13. Make sure you get rev 13 and not rev 13b. I know that the game wont work with 13b.

Also no need to use altdol with Ghostbusters. You just need the 002 error fix enabled.

donowprod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What HDD are you using?
I had the same problem when running the image on a seagate freeagent pro 500gb with usb loader gx as well as neogamma.
I then bought a WD my passport elite and it worked with both loaders with 002 enabled.
Go rent the game and try ripping into hdd. See if that works before replacing your drive unless you have another one handy.

AbraCadvr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
donowprod said:
What HDD are you using?
I had the same problem when running the image on a seagate freeagent pro 500gb with usb loader gx as well as neogamma.
I then bought a WD my passport elite and it worked with both loaders with 002 enabled.
Go rent the game and try ripping into hdd. See if that works before replacing your drive unless you have another one handy.

not using any HDD ..simple dvd's
wink.gif

cactusjack901

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use firmware 4.1U, Neogamma R7, and cIOS r14 for it, no need to go to anything else. All you have to do, is eject the disc as soon as you see the health screen come up, if it asks you to insert your Ghostbusters disc, insert it, and you're golden. If you don't see it, try again. Mind you, this has worked for me EVERY time I've tried it, so I don't know what the window for your eject time is.

AbraCadvr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
cactusjack901 said:
I use firmware 4.1U, Neogamma R7, and cIOS r14 for it, no need to go to anything else. All you have to do, is eject the disc as soon as you see the health screen come up, if it asks you to insert your Ghostbusters disc, insert it, and you're golden. If you don't see it, try again. Mind you, this has worked for me EVERY time I've tried it, so I don't know what the window for your eject time is.

thanks!! that trick worked fine for me
smile.gif
i hope they will fix that in futures updates

claud10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
cactusjack901 said:

Thank you very much for the advice. I also have the same combination (system menu 4.1u + neogamma r7 + cios38 r14) with the same symptoms (wiimote disconnects after warning screen) and this trick worked fine. Hope that future versions of neogamma or cios38 will solve it. I can add that I made a backup from an original from the same region as the wii (NTSC) using dvd dumper, so it is not an exclusive problem of the versions that can be found on the net or of the regions

harrypmgaga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
cactusjack901 said:

I do this, but then it gets stuck on the Copyright screen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated