Hacking help with gc backups

trance

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
currently raging at the wii over how i can get gamecube backups to read.
at the moment i have cmiosv10 installed through waninkoko's cmios installer rev5, with 0.2 of gamecube backup launcher installed as a channel. i tried cmiosv4 before with the 0.1xi gcbl, but no luck.
with the gcbl apps, i'm getting some stupid disc error: "failed to read dvd 263, error 0x3023a00 no disk". i'm sure that i burnt the disc properly (verbatim dvd-r, burnt at 4x) using an gc iso i dumped from one of my own discs (pokemon channel, id GPAU). i saw a post by wiigator about this, but i don't understand what could be wrong with the disc.

trance

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah, i know rev15~16 don't work properly, i have cios249 rev14 installed.
trying neogamma, i get "dvd read error (1101)". it's looking awfully like i have one of those d3-2, didn't even know about those suckers until recently.
it kinda makes sense that it may have one since this wii is a replacement (with serial LAH118x) from my first (defective) wii that arrived in december.

harmor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I would do is burn a movie and see if it plays in a DVD player.
Then install DVDx and Mplayer CE and see if it plays in your Wii.

trance

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
huh, didn't try that. both of the dvdx packages (DVDX, DISC) are installed, but mplayerce will not boot. or rather, mplayerce has not booted since i manually updated ios61 to get into shop channel. is this a problem if hbc uses ios61?

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
trance said:
yeah, i know rev15~16 don't work properly, i have cios249 rev14 installed.
trying neogamma, i get "dvd read error (1101)". it's looking awfully like i have one of those d3-2, didn't even know about those suckers until recently.
it kinda makes sense that it may have one since this wii is a replacement (with serial LAH118x) from my first (defective) wii that arrived in december.
LAH118xxxxxx?

You definetely have a D3-2 drive. They started appearing in AU Wiis with S/N LAH1162xxxxx and onwards.
Meaning no burned discs whatsoever...
If you want to play backup GC games, you'll have to switch the DVD drive with a different one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-6512692/arcade-1-up-infinity-50-games-game-board.jsp?pfm=bdrecs...