Hacking Help with GC backups/cMIOS

MmmmSteak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I've been on this for two days now. I cannot get GC backups to run. My media is fine, I can run Wii ISO's on these discs. I tried both a single gcn iso and a packaged double iso on one disc. Nothing is running. I use NeoGamma9b44 and i've tried different options under gamecube. I've also run Pimp My Wii v2 and it says everything's peachy clean. Rungcbackup app isn't helping either.

In searching the forum I found that cMIOS is my problem. I had installed a much older copy when I first modded my wii, long ago. So I download the automatic installer for that, and it connects to the internet, but before the download starts it says "Hash BAD" and restarts HBC. So I try doing it manually though a wad, with this program called ModMii but ModMii doesn't let me download because it says "Windows cannot locate wget" despite wget.exe sitting right in the damn folder.

My problem is most like this topic, boots to a green screen, though in here everyone seems to be contradicting each other: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=258290&hl=mios

More of my story can be found here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?act=Post&...mp;qpid=3224214

Please help i'm frustrated
hate2.gif

MmmmSteak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've already tried that, along with it's sister loader (name name excluding 0.2) and another package called 8368-miospatcher
E2: Both versions of this loader, 0.2 and original, stall at "Don't be impatient press any button to exit..." so I do, run it again, and not hit anything

I just downloaded MIOS v10.wad from NUS Downloader, but considering what I need is a cMIOS I don't see how this is going to help :-/

Edit: also i've updated neogamma to r9b47

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
MmmmSteak said:
I've already tried that, along with it's sister loader (name name excluding 0.2) and another package called 8368-miospatcher

I just downloaded MIOS v10.wad from NUS Downloader, but considering what I need is a cMIOS I don't see how this is going to help :-/

Edit: also i've updated neogamma to r9b47

Well, the installer modify the original MIOS to accept homebrew/dvd-r etc. It doesn't create one from scratch. That's why it need to download it, if not found on SD.

MmmmSteak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, well I have MIOS-64-v10.wad straight from NUSD and I've got in in my sd's root, wad stash, and in the mios patcher's app's folder

nothing is making a difference, so I tried installing it with wad manager...still no difference. The patcher doesn't seem to be doing anything, and it tells me to read the readme in which there are no f*cking instructions. Automated pieces of sh*t

Edit: ok i've got something but apparently the file i need is rvl-mios-v10.wad is this a separate file or can i rename what ive gotten from nusd?

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
MmmmSteak said:
Ok, well I have MIOS-64-v10.wad straight from NUSD and I've got in in my sd's root, wad stash, and in the mios patcher's app's folder

nothing is making a difference, so I tried installing it with wad manager...still no difference. The patcher doesn't seem to be doing anything, and it tells me to read the readme in which there are no f*cking instructions. Automated pieces of sh*t

If you installed it with WAD Manager you just installed an unpatched MIOS back. What messages appear on installer by the way?

MmmmSteak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and we've got a successful boot! apparently the game im trying to play (baten kaitos origins) has had freezing problems on the main screen, which i just experienced

in booting the game, neogamma said it didnt find an audiostream, though it seems to play audio fine

anyway, according to this list, this game should be running fine: http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Index.php/Gam...patibility_List

thanks for your help, if anyone can get this game running more smoothly it'd be appreciated

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
MmmmSteak said:
and we've got a successful boot! apparently the game im trying to play (baten kaitos origins) has had freezing problems on the main screen, which i just experienced

in booting the game, neogamma said it didnt find an audiostream, though it seems to play audio fine

anyway, according to this list, this game should be running fine: http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Index.php/Gam...patibility_List

thanks for your help, if anyone can get this game running more smoothly it'd be appreciated

Sorry I didn't catched your edit. And as you figured, you need to rename the wad from NUS Downloader.

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
the NeoGamma thread is chock full of info and links to get all your T's crossed and I's dotted.
theres even a bit about getting Baiten Kaitos running(you mentioned it was a problem game in your other thread).
be sure you dont miss the Gamecube mini faq spoiler there too.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
MmmmSteak said:

Edit: ok i've got something but apparently the file i need is rvl-mios-v10.wad is this a separate file or can i rename what ive gotten from nusd?

You fixed this already, but explaining doesn't harm...

The cMIOS installer doesn't include the whole cMIOS, because that would contain nintendo's code, which would be illegal in itself. That's why it needs to read the original MIOS from a wad file or from NUS directly, then patch it and then install it. As you already guessed, the name for the wad is a just a name, important is that it's a MIOS wad. You could rename a MIOSv4 wad to the file name and it would still work. But it would be a cMIOS based on MIOSv4 instead of MIOSv10 as i recommend.

QUOTE(MmmmSteak @ Oct 26 2010, 06:22 AM) and we've got a successful boot! apparently the game im trying to play (baten kaitos origins) has had freezing problems on the main screen, which i just experienced

Do as told in the compatiblity list. The fstfix stuff moves the data more to the edge of the disc which increases the reading speed. I'm not 100% sure, but i think that's what gets the game to work. Alternatively, you can put Baten Kaitos + any full(not shrunken) game on the same multi game disc. The other game needs to be the 1st game on disc in this case! This method is not tested, but if 3GB .iso is the trick that gets the game to work, this has to work too.

Oh and about disc switching after finishing disc 1: Just eject and reinsert the disc again, the rest is done automatically by NeoGamma if both discs are on the same multi game disc.

For further info please read this thread:
http://gbatemp.net/t219243-neogamma-r9-beta-test
You should find all required tools there as well as the info you needed when you started this thread

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well I believe I'm about to get hit with a spring sinus infuction
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well I believe I'm about to get hit with a spring sinus infuction