Help with Gamecube emulation on Wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by angelboy777, Jun 16, 2014.

1. angelboy777
    OP

angelboy777 Newbie

I am trying to find a program that can run Gamecube ISO's on a SD card for The Homebrew Channel on Wii
    I also want it to work with Wii Remotes (I don't have a gamecube controller)

Thanks

2. Adeka

Adeka Beta Tester

Mar 19, 2013
    United States
    Devo is the only program that can run gamecube games on a Wii and use the Wiimote/classic but you need the actual game.

you have a ps3 or ps4 controller?

3. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    If you don't have a GameCube controller, Devolution is your only option, which requires that you have legitimate physical copies of the GameCube games.
    If you do have a GameCube controller, you can use DIOS MIOS (load GameCube games from USB) or DIOS MIOS Lite (load GameCube games from SD).

Edit: I'm sorry. I forgot all about Nintendont. You can do what DIOS MIOS and DIOS MIOS Lite do without requiring a GameCube controller (you do, however, need an alternative controller).
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendont-crediars-new-project.349258/

4. angelboy777
    OP

angelboy777 Newbie

Im gonna go buy a gc controller
    I will use DIOS MIOS, but with DIOS MIOS, do I need a memory card? Or does it get saved in the SD card

5. emmanu888

emmanu888 6 years and still going strong

Jan 25, 2009
    Canada
    Victoriaville,Qu├ębec

You need a memory card, there is No More Memory in DIOS MIOS Lite but you're better off using a real memory card

6. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    Some games require a GameCube memory card in order to be able to save the game; however, most games can use NMM (No More Memory) to save the game to where the GameCube ISO is located when using DIOS MIOS. You can check the following compatibility list for which games work with DIOS MIOS and which games work with NMM:
    http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/DIOS_MIOS_Compatibility_List

7. angelboy777
    OP

angelboy777 Newbie

Thanks everyone for your help!