Gaming help with game dilema

m0nk3y

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i sortta have a problem with fps's and action/adventure type games i get nervous and my palms start to sweat when i play these types of games

so i usually play sports games but it gets real repetitive after a while

i did buy zelda:tp for my first game i suck so much i havent beaten the first dungeon

i downloaded metroid prime 3 and it's amazing but i get to nervous to even make it to the first boss

i kno i suck at these types of games but i feel that i am missing out on great games like those 2 both 10/10

the last game i have beaten that wasnt a sports game was super paper mario

so can u guys help me get over my "phobia" if u will

dont make fun please

kojiiriin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One thing that may help is, first off, finding a way to deal with sweaty palms. Other systems (with less innovative controllers) have controllers with built-in ventilation for your hands (and sometimes, this ventilation is amazing).

Wii doesn't have that, yet (although I think you can find these sorts of controllers for every other system).

Wii does have, however, controller grips of various sorts, and some of those grips are designed to minimize sweaty palms. I haven't found any grips for the nunchuck yet (which is a shame, because I find I have sweaty-palm issues more with the nunchuck anyways), but I can guarantee that some sort of grips WILL come out, eventually.

As for the "phobia" side of things, the best ways to deal with that would be to first start off easy, with a Mario or Sonic game, or something else fairly cartoony (Ratchet and Clank?). Try something fairly easygoing, then move your way up from there. Perhaps Kingdom Hearts next, or Zelda: Wind Waker.

Slowly work your way to more "intense" or "realistic" games, and you should be able to tackle it.

And be persistent. Don't give up.

Have fun!

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Have you tried rubbing some talcum powder in your hands? That will help keep the palms dry.

Could also try the silicon controller cases available on ebay, dealextreme and so on, theymay give you a batter grip.

smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @a_username_that_is_cool, happy birthdayn't