Hacking Help with flashcarts

jonjetjon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a bunch of extra nintendo ds game cartriges that i've beaten the game on and are not worth the trade in/resell value at the local game store. I want to build my own ds flashcart(first on the ds, then hopefully getting the 3ds to read it) where can i find the info/tools to do this if it is even possible(not sure if it is at all because of how ds carts are built) Not saying i need to use my old ds cartriges(probably won't work anyway) but they may serve well as a case/ spare parts for my flash cart.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
You'll need entirely new parts (DS game carts don't have the same parts as flash carts), except the case... but the case will need a hole cut in it for the MicroSD, so you might as well just keep your current games and buy a flash cart, as they're like $15-$20 for a cheap one, while it'd take more time and money to make your own.

EDIT: Dumb typo.

Reactions: nukeboy95

jonjetjon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand that is cheaper and easier to buy one, I own two r4i sdhc cards, what i want to do is build one. I am here for the educational experience and as a hacker i want to learn the workings of a nintendo ds. i would like to join the 3ds cracking efforts as i have written my own PSP CFW(i understand the psp was much easier to get into, don't worry, not a total noob) i think i might be able to at least contribute some, and i feel like this may be a good first step.

Aqua1234

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would say open up your R4i grab those parts rip them apart. And assemble it back together. I don't think you can get the parts separately from anywhere else.

jonjetjon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would say open up your R4i grab those parts rip them apart. And assemble it back together. I don't think you can get the parts separately from anywhere else.

i was planning on making maybe something i can take all the pins on the ds cart, run a ribbon cable(or in reality probably just individual wires, i'm lazy :ha:) to a board made by me, i have the solder and i have acess to an arduino chip and a few other microprocessors. I want to make this completely on my own, not using any one else's parts. i know it's possible because at some point someone must have done it obviously

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: its the emote but ridiculously small