1. jonjetjon

OP jonjetjon Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    i have a bunch of extra nintendo ds game cartriges that i've beaten the game on and are not worth the trade in/resell value at the local game store. I want to build my own ds flashcart(first on the ds, then hopefully getting the 3ds to read it) where can i find the info/tools to do this if it is even possible(not sure if it is at all because of how ds carts are built) Not saying i need to use my old ds cartriges(probably won't work anyway) but they may serve well as a case/ spare parts for my flash cart.

2. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvert™

United States
    You'll need entirely new parts (DS game carts don't have the same parts as flash carts), except the case... but the case will need a hole cut in it for the MicroSD, so you might as well just keep your current games and buy a flash cart, as they're like $15-$20 for a cheap one, while it'd take more time and money to make your own.

EDIT: Dumb typo.

nukeboy95 likes this.
  3. jonjetjon

OP jonjetjon Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I understand that is cheaper and easier to buy one, I own two r4i sdhc cards, what i want to do is build one. I am here for the educational experience and as a hacker i want to learn the workings of a nintendo ds. i would like to join the 3ds cracking efforts as i have written my own PSP CFW(i understand the psp was much easier to get into, don't worry, not a total noob) i think i might be able to at least contribute some, and i feel like this may be a good first step.

4. Aqua1234

Aqua1234 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I would say open up your R4i grab those parts rip them apart. And assemble it back together. I don't think you can get the parts separately from anywhere else.

5. jonjetjon

OP jonjetjon Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    i was planning on making maybe something i can take all the pins on the ds cart, run a ribbon cable(or in reality probably just individual wires, i'm lazy :ha:) to a board made by me, i have the solder and i have acess to an arduino chip and a few other microprocessors. I want to make this completely on my own, not using any one else's parts. i know it's possible because at some point someone must have done it obviously

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - flashcarts,