Help with Emulators and Steam

Tigran

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay.. I need a bit of help please.

I'd like to set up ePSXe to let me stream my games from my computer downstairs to my computer upstairs via steam.

Now I have a few problems with this so far.

One.. One of the programs I found Mala, doesn't seem to let me use the controller when the game starts.

The second issue is, ePSXe only lets you use one config setting at a time. Anyone know how I can set it up so I can use multiple, for example use "Toon shader" on Mega Man Legends, but "Natural Shader" on Legends of Dragoon?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
For your first problem, I would suggest using something like ICE to add each game to Steam, so you can launch individual games from Steam without having to dick around with another front end. I used to do that, and Steam's in-home streaming worked fine for it and I had no big issues. If you really want to stick with Mala, you might need to open up ePSXe and configure the controller while using Steam's streaming, so you'd add ePSXe to your Steam game list, stream it to your PC, and setup the controller config and save it.

For your second issue, AFAIK ePSXe doesn't support per-game configs natively, however I believe Pete has his own front end for ePSXe that does support it. I forget what it's called, and his site is being a bitch on my phone, but if you just google "Pete's ePSXe front end" you'll probably get to the right page, should be the first result.

And a semi-unrelated question, why are you even bothering streaming a PS1 emulator? ePSXe will run on virtually any PC made in the last 10 years or more, it seems like it would be way more trouble than it's worth when you can just use Dropbox or something to sync up memory cards and settings so you don't even need to dick around with transferring saves and junk. :unsure:

Tigran

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cause I just didn't want to deal with crap like that when I wanted to just load up say MMLegends.

As for the two profiles, I didn't think of just adding epsxecutor to Steam directly.. I'll have to try that one.

I was trying to use ICE earlier.. but either I don't understand it's structure.. or I'm an idiot *both completely possible* but I couldn't get it to add any roms to my steam account.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I hate these DIY furniture kits so bad