Hacking Help with Downgrading/emuNAND Problem on New 3DS?

Kotomine Kirei

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I put the AuReiNand folder in the 3ds folder, the other stuff in the root of the memory card, and the firm files in the aurei folder that is in the root.

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I put the AuReiNand folder in the 3ds folder, the other stuff in the root of the memory card, and the firm files in the aurei folder that is in the root.
well thats correct. i would say keep trying at this point. maybe install menuhax and try from that. thats the issue with this type of entry point. it can fail to boot

Reactions: Kotomine Kirei

Kotomine Kirei

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well thats correct. i would say keep trying at this point. maybe install menuhax and try from that. thats the issue with this type of entry point. it can fail to boot

That is odd...I think that pastaCFW works through ninjhax. Why not the others?
Well, I will try menuhax.

pbanj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is odd...I think that pastaCFW works through ninjhax. Why not the others?
Well, I will try menuhax.
pasta can fail to boot also. it really isnt dependent on the cfw. if you want to get a better bootrate i would say to do the a9lh stuff. but we have to get ur cfw booting first lol

Kotomine Kirei

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pasta can fail to boot also. it really isnt dependent on the cfw. if you want to get a better bootrate i would say to do the a9lh stuff. but we have to get ur cfw booting first lol

Well, I was able to run AuReiNand through menuhax. Do I need to do anything else from this point?
Not sure about doing all of the a9lh stuff though. How easy is it, and what are the pros/cons to it?

pbanj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its a bit time consuming but a lot of the time is waiting so you can do other stuff while waiting. the brick risk is the same as downgrading(but the guide is extremely well written). because you already have a emunand setup you can skip a good chunk of the guide

pros
fast boot rate
100% boot rate
sysnand cfw(you dont need a emunand anymore but can still use it)
brick protection(you can launch decrypt9 before anything even boots)

cons:
time consuming to setup(but once setup youre good to go)
a slight brick risk(but its pretty much none at this point)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki you can start at part 4 and anything that says rednand means emunand

Kotomine Kirei

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its a bit time consuming but a lot of the time is waiting so you can do other stuff while waiting. the brick risk is the same as downgrading(but the guide is extremely well written). because you already have a emunand setup you can skip a good chunk of the guide

pros
fast boot rate
100% boot rate
sysnand cfw(you dont need a emunand anymore but can still use it)
brick protection(you can launch decrypt9 before anything even boots)

cons:
time consuming to setup(but once setup youre good to go)
a slight brick risk(but its pretty much none at this point)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki you can start at part 4 and anything that says rednand means emunand

I see. Well, I will have to try that then.
Well, thank you for your help.
However, now that I have emuNAND access, could you tell me (if it is possible) how to get my SD card with my O3DS stuff (not the console specific applications, but the saves, games, etc.) working on the N3DS?

pbanj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can do a system transfer you just have to do an extra step at the end. even with that though i would use something like jk's save manager to back up the saves so if something doesnt transfer you have the save at least

Kotomine Kirei

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can do a system transfer you just have to do an extra step at the end. even with that though i would use something like jk's save manager to back up the saves so if something doesnt transfer you have the save at least

So...do I just put the SD card in and use system transfer?
Does it transfer the profile (so I can just use the card on the N3DS) or the files over the 3DSes' connection?
Also, what is the extra step?

pbanj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So...do I just put the SD card in and use system transfer?
Does it transfer the profile (so I can just use the card on the N3DS) or the files over the 3DSes' connection?
Also, what is the extra step?
you start the system transfer from the system settings on both systems(they need to be on the newest fw) it will ask you how you want to do the transfer(i like pc based as after it finishes you just pop the card out, put it in ur pc and copy the stuff to the new card, or if ur already using a micro sd card u can just put it in the n3ds) after the transfer is done and you put the sd card in the n3ds and reboot it it will try to complete the transfer and say it failed(this is where the extra step comes in) you have to kill wifi(router is the easiest way with the n3ds) and reboot the 3ds when it comes back up it will say it failed and because it cant connect to the net it will give you the option to cancel, select yes. after its back in the home menu and on the net load up the eshop and it will take a few min(its finishing the transfer) after its done your games and account will be on the n3ds and the old one will be formatted. it wont transfer non legit games(to my knowledge, it may do what legit ones do, but i dont know as when i did it i didnt have any non legit cias). with legit cia games that you didnt buy they will show up in the settings menu with an x over them, you just reinstall them and the save will be there(iirc the reinstall went faster, pretty sure it just needs to re add the ticket)

Kotomine Kirei

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you start the system transfer from the system settings on both systems(they need to be on the newest fw) it will ask you how you want to do the transfer(i like pc based as after it finishes you just pop the card out, put it in ur pc and copy the stuff to the new card, or if ur already using a micro sd card u can just put it in the n3ds) after the transfer is done and you put the sd card in the n3ds and reboot it it will try to complete the transfer and say it failed(this is where the extra step comes in) you have to kill wifi(router is the easiest way with the n3ds) and reboot the 3ds when it comes back up it will say it failed and because it cant connect to the net it will give you the option to cancel, select yes. after its back in the home menu and on the net load up the eshop and it will take a few min(its finishing the transfer) after its done your games and account will be on the n3ds and the old one will be formatted. it wont transfer non legit games(to my knowledge, it may do what legit ones do, but i dont know as when i did it i didnt have any non legit cias). with legit cia games that you didnt buy they will show up in the settings menu with an x over them, you just reinstall them and the save will be there(iirc the reinstall went faster, pretty sure it just needs to re add the ticket)

So, you cannot just transfer the files' ownership to the profile or just transfer the old profile?
What I was wanting was to use the folders (profile folders?) in the Nintendo 3DS folder without it creating more and using those.

pbanj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you have to do the transfer as it allows the new one to read from the nintendo 3ds folder from the old system. it also transfers the account so you can use the games tied to it

Kotomine Kirei

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried doing a system transfer in the emuNAND of both consoles, and it seemed to have gone through, but when I try to go into emuNAND by running AuReiNand it just sends me back to sysNAND.
What did I do wrong?
Was I not supposed to do the transfer in emuNAND, or am I supposed to transfer something else?

Kotomine Kirei

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Delete the config file in the aureinand folder. You may have selected something wrong

Do I need to replace config.bin or just delete it?
Also, by selecting something wrong, what do you mean?
All that I selected in AuReiNand was something like, "show NAND type in system settings".

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I tried doing a system transfer in the emuNAND of both consoles, and it seemed to have gone through, but when I try to go into emuNAND by running AuReiNand it just sends me back to sysNAND.
What did I do wrong?
Was I not supposed to do the transfer in emuNAND, or am I supposed to transfer something else?
Are you sure it's sending you back to sysNAND?

Reactions: astronautlevel

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Do I need to replace config.bin or just delete it?
Also, by selecting something wrong, what do you mean?
All that I selected in AuReiNand was something like, "show NAND type in system settings".
Just delete it.

I don't believe that's what caused it though. I've heard of tons of problems with system transfer and honestly wouldn't have recommended it.

Kotomine Kirei

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure it's sending you back to sysNAND?

Well, I went to System Settings and it showed "Sys 9.2.0-26" or something like that.

Just delete it.

I don't believe that's what caused it though. I've heard of tons of problems with system transfer and honestly wouldn't have recommended it.

:ohnoes:
What should I do then?

Last edited by Kotomine Kirei,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.