Gaming Help with Decrypter

mugge

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hiya

I've manged to patch a couple of the new games that came out, so that they work on my slim gen-b2 but I've been trying to get the newly released star wars to work, and after patching I get the 80020148 error when I try to start it up.
The release is the scene release (Star_Wars_The_Clone_Wars_Republic_Heroes_EUR_MULTi3_PSP-BAHAMUT), and from what I can see on sites it should work, but I can't get it to work.

On another new release (Cloudy_With_a_Chance_of_Meatballs_EUR_PSP-ZER0) I get an error whrn trying to decrypt. Something about an unknown tag 0xFFFFFFFFFFF and that it can't decrypt.

I'm guessing I just had luck the few times it worked and that I might not fully understand how exactly to do this
frown.gif

Anyone have any ideas and care to help out?

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mugge said:
Hiya

I've manged to patch a couple of the new games that came out, so that they work on my slim gen-b2 but I've been trying to get the newly released star wars to work, and after patching I get the 80020148 error when I try to start it up.
The release is the scene release (Star_Wars_The_Clone_Wars_Republic_Heroes_EUR_MULTi3_PSP-BAHAMUT), and from what I can see on sites it should work, but I can't get it to work.

On another new release (Cloudy_With_a_Chance_of_Meatballs_EUR_PSP-ZER0) I get an error whrn trying to decrypt. Something about an unknown tag 0xFFFFFFFFFFF and that it can't decrypt.

I'm guessing I just had luck the few times it worked and that I might not fully understand how exactly to do this
frown.gif

Anyone have any ideas and care to help out?

First of all, are you using V1 or V2 of the Decrypter? If you're using V1, upgrade to V2 since that fixes some bugs. Also, have you tried exporting and importing the Filelist.txt? Are you sure you're pulling out the eboot and not the boot? If all of these are correct, then try different UMD modes under the VSH menu. If that doesn't work and other sites claim it does work, you probably got a bad file.

mugge

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm using V2 of the decrypter, and I do the filelist thing as well. I'm using the eboot file in the sysdir/update dir but I have also tried doing the one in the sysdir but both aren't working on the psp
The release should be fine, it's the scene release/files.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong tho
frown.gif

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This release is working fine @ 5.00M33-6/5.03 and 5.50GEN

You are doing something wrong.

Be sure you are using EBOOT.BIN from SYSDIR folder, not update. And replacing the right one after too. And using M33 Driver to run the game (except for Persona).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ptLqnNMcQk