Hacking Help with CTRTransfer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you, I got the CTRTransfer (Type D9) to work. Ok i was mid writing this about to say that it did not work and will not turn on but it just did thank you so much!!
CTRTransfer (Type D9) not working!!! :ohnoes:

These are the words that can give me a heart attack.

Remember to complete all the steps as listed in the Instructions. Some people stop right after reflashing the ctrtransfer image when HOME Menu boots up again, leaving their TWL_FIRM [DS(i) firmware mode] still bricked and related DSiWare games to be no longer installed.

Actually, I do have one question. I used a temp sd card, can i just put my old one back in? Or is there anything else i need to do beforehand?
Switch back to your main SD card. If you notice some games are not listed on HOME Menu, check for signs of missing tickets and repeat the use of faketik if needed.

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

JohnIsBroken

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CTRTransfer (Type D9) not working!!! :ohnoes:

These are the words that can give me a heart attack.

Remember to complete all the steps as listed in the Instructions. Some people stop right after reflashing the ctrtransfer image when HOME Menu boots up again, leaving their TWL_FIRM [DS(i) firmware mode] still bricked and related DSiWare games to be no longer installed.

Switch back to your main SD card. If you notice some games are not listed on HOME Menu, check for signs of missing tickets and repeat the use of faketik if needed.
Ok thank you, although on the guide, it didn’t say to use faketik but im sure i can find a guide on how to use faketik

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok thank you, although on the guide, it didn’t say to use faketik but im sure i can find a guide on how to use faketik
You still haven't been clicking on any of the hyperlinks we've been giving you up til now?

As listed in CTRTransfer (Type D9)'s main page ← (mouse click this) in the section, Instructions.

13. Install the system tickets and DSiWare CIAs with FBI. Restore missing tickets for nonlegit titles with faketik. If you have a lot of games, mass unwrap them all with Cthulhu.

Edit #1 - You're going to need to go back and add those missing 3DSX apps and boot.3dsx (Homebrew Launcher).

Edit #2 - Wait a minute? You must have read the Instructions if you used a different card to do the job. How did you miss the other parts?

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

JohnIsBroken

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You still haven't been clicking on any of the hyperlinks we've been giving you up til now?

As listed in CTRTransfer (Type D9)'s main page ← (mouse click this) in the section, Instructions.

Edit #1 - You're going to need to go back and add those missing 3DSX apps and boot.3dsx (Homebrew Launcher).

Edit #2 - Wait a minute? You must have read the Instructions if you used a different card to do the job. How did you miss the other parts?
Ok wait, I didnt word that the best. I mean, I didn’t specifically go use faketik, I used FBI, which I’m assuming used faketik without actually opening it up?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok wait, I didnt word that the best. I mean, I didn’t specifically go use faketik, I used FBI, which I’m assuming used faketik without actually opening it up?
OH. Alright, so some clarification. FBI, faketik, and Cthulhu are three separate homebrew apps.

The individual .TIK files to be installed in FBI are system tickets backed up in from the donor ctrtransfer *.bin image and your n2DSXL's set system tickets on top of those.

It is essential that system tickets must be real/legit or else system updating to the latest 3DS firmware (11.13U) will fail due to Nintendo's server side check.

The fake tickets that are restored in faketik are a separate set of tickets for the SD titles (games, dlcs, updates) in the Nintendo 3DS folder. Except for several rare universally legit game CIAs, nearly all of the pirated CIAs out there have fake tickets. You only have real/legit tickets for digital titles that were purchased on Nintendo eShop with your own money.

faketik has no problem restoring system titles with fake tickets if they're missing but as was noted above, system titles should not use fake tickets.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: