Hacking Help with cIOS Installer

superafroboy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, so I'm new to all of this stuff, but I'm trying to get Wiigator's Backup Launcher v3 gamma running. I've downgraded my Wii from 3.3E to 3.2U, but when I try to run the cIOS Installer that is included, I get a screen prompting me to press 'A' to continue. But nothing happens when I press 'A', or any other buttons, and I have to manually power cycle the Wii.

Any suggestions?

superafroboy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I used the downgrader included in AnyRegion Changer 1.0

EDIT: to be honest, it was probably 3.3U... it makes more sense, I guess. I was just pulling that from memory, it didn't even clue in that the u/e was the region code.

20clarky08

Official Wii Freak
Trophies
Website
20clarky08.googlepages.com
XP
Country
yer E is Euro, J = Jap and so on...

sounds like you jus killed your console mate...if you didnt even know what the regions codes where wtf was you doing messin with downgrading...

someones else might have a suggestion, but as far as i am concerned..

BRICK

sorry

superafroboy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, first of all, the system is NOT bricked. I'm not sure if its even relevant that I downgraded or not. Either way, I can't get the cIOS Installer that came with WiiGator's Backup Launcher v3 gamma to install properly. When I press 'A' at the prompt, nothing happens.

superafroboy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
20clarky08 said:
because he cant boot the system menu fool read the post..

the system jus hangs at the health screen...i aint sayin its a total brick..but its definatley fucked now isnt it smart arse.

I don't remember saying this. The console is NOT bricked. I think you had my description of what is happening with the cIOS Installer confused with the Wii startup.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
There's no need to get aggressive, mate. Reread the creator's posts.
smile.gif

superafroboy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes the wifi/network connection is set up. I'm pretty sure it was required in the downgrade process... I've been reading a few other things while waiting for replies, and I saw Starfall mentioned in a step by step guide being installed before the cIOS. Is it related in any way, and should I try installing that first?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
install starfall only if you are in 3.2 now, did you run also the IOS Downgrader 1.0..?? and if you really are in 3.2 (I mean IOS Downgrader 1.0 already done) just use Wad Manager (if you know how to) and install the file on my signature...!!!
smile.gif

superafroboy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, i ran IOS Downgrader 1.0, so now I install the file from you sig, then do I run the cIOS v7 installer? or is the file in your sig an alternative?

superafroboy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i don't have any backups to test it with, when I launch the backup loader, as long as I don't see any errors, can i assume it is installed correctly?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr