Hacking HELP With Cia format on sky3ds

Gjergji

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
so as i understand the sky 3ds playes .3ds roms , can someone tell me what to do with .cia files and what are .3dsz files for.. and how do you apply updates of the said games while using sky 3ds????

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
don't bother with .CIAs and .3dz's with Sky3DS. All you need is a dumped ROM with no header (i.e. any rom that you can find online) and the Sky3DS tool adds a public header automatically when you burn the ROM onto the card

Speaking of headers though, in light of recent events I really don't think you should go online with games on Sky3DS

Reactions: Gjergji

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Sky3DS: Only .3DS roms and no eshop games, it just isn't possible to use cia files on Sky3DS

Gateway: .3DS / .3DZ (Online roms) / .CIA / eshop dumps
cia files need to be installed to your 3ds with devmenu and can only be done with a Gateway in emunand mode

Just like Xzi said

Speaking of headers though, in light of recent events I really don't think you should go online with games on Sky3DS

You can use your own private headers by editing the template file or use No Ban No Sky tool or Sky3DS Template modifier one to do that.
(You still need a way to dump your own retail game carts to extract the headers)

sALMAn84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Sky3ds can only play retail roms where you write the rom with diskwriter loaded with latest template to mmc. Rename any retail rom from .3dz to .3ds and write it to mmc with diskwriter. Install any update for the game from eshop with the latest firmware. Sky3ds cannot install cia files.

Gjergji

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
so with sky if the roms downloaded is not up to date i can simply download the update from eshop,,, i dont mean to used roms online anyway ,

Gjergji

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I want to buy a 3ds flashcart and sky looks fine but im a reading about a lot of bugs. Gateway cant use it cu im on 9.5 i am hopping for some new good developement on the 3ds flashcarts. Or at least dstwo+ since i have the dstwo and it's great

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: