Help with Chrono Trigger on AK2

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by ShadowXP, Nov 21, 2008.

Nov 21, 2008
  1. ShadowXP
    OP

Member ShadowXP ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

United Kingdom
    So I've been trying to get CT to work time and time again... patched the ROM using xdelta, 2 white screens. Patched the ROM with the AR code using DSATM, 2 white screens again. Updated my USRCHEAT.DAT database and enabled the Non-M3/Sakura piracy bypass cheat and saved it by pressing select. Played the game, but got the looping time portal again. Tried it with the M3/Sakura code, and got the looping time portal AGAIN. I just can't seem to get this to work on an AK2, it's driving me nuts - what settings is everyone else using, can anyone post a guide just in case I'm having a blonde moment? Ta.

2. cory1492

Member cory1492 GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Make sure you haven't got the cheat engine defaulted to disabled, or better yet if you are using AKAIO press Y on the game, use advanced option to select enable instead of default. If that doesn't work, then also supply the latest official loader to AIO and select it as well for that game. I have also heard mention of some having problems if they didn't pick the cheat file from the main menu prefs, despite there being only one cheat file on the card.

For the longest time I thought the cheat engine in AIO was FUBAR, but it turned out I had it default to disabled so no matter if I selected codes they never did anything.

3. ShadowXP
    OP

Member ShadowXP ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

United Kingdom
    This works! Thank you.