Hacking Help with CFW on a 2DS

3DSPoet

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Back in the day, you HAD to downgrade to 4.5. The 2DS bottoms out around 6.6, I think. With the current tools, you're only downgrading to 9.2, then setting up mods from there, which is why it works. ^_^

Reactions: Deleted User

Beat_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You're welcome. ^_^
Replying after a while, because only now have I got the memory card for it. I need help, fast XD I've downgraded. I was following the guide I linked first. Things didnt go well when I went to install RXTools. I'm now going to try to use the tutorial you linked and I need help. I messed up the first time, so I now have a bunch of files that I don't know if I need to keep or if I can delete them, because I'm worried that the new stuff I'm going to put there will brick it. Can I format the SD card, and reinstall menuhax, and then go from there, since I'm already in 9.2?

3DSPoet

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Replying after a while, because only now have I got the memory card for it. I need help, fast XD I've downgraded. I was following the guide I linked first. Things didnt go well when I went to install RXTools. I'm now going to try to use the tutorial you linked and I need help. I messed up the first time, so I now have a bunch of files that I don't know if I need to keep or if I can delete them, because I'm worried that the new stuff I'm going to put there will brick it. Can I format the SD card, and reinstall menuhax, and then go from there, since I'm already in 9.2?

The only "important" file that might be on your SD card is the nand.bin, which is a backup of your SysNand and is the only way to restore a bricked system. Everything else on the SD Card can be wiped and redownloaded/replaced without any negative side-effects.

If you actually got through the EmuNand creation process, then your SD card will have 2 partitions. One containing your loose files (such as RxTools, EmuNand9, etc). The other will be a hidden partition that contains the EmuNand itself.

If you've done everything correctly, then your SysNand should have menuhax installed and be otherwise untouched.

Beat_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The only "important" file that might be on your SD card is the nand.bin, which is a backup of your SysNand and is the only way to restore a bricked system. Everything else on the SD Card can be wiped and redownloaded/replaced without any negative side-effects.

If you actually got through the EmuNand creation process, then your SD card will have 2 partitions. One containing your loose files (such as RxTools, EmuNand9, etc). The other will be a hidden partition that contains the EmuNand itself.

If you've done everything correctly, then your SysNand should have menuhax installed and be otherwise untouched.

I have everything done now. No brick! I already installed a cia file. The only problem is: I can't seem to have the L button working all the time to open Homebrew Launcher for some reason. Also. I installed the cia on the emunand. What I did was, open RXTools and press the L button to enter RXMode, enter emunand through there and install the cia file. Is this ok?

3DSPoet

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, ideally, you want to setup the hax so that you only press L when you want to load SysNand, so you essentially have an autoboot into emunand. You need to go into the settings where you installed the hack and configure it, choose type 2, then set L as the trigger. As far as installing CIA files, the method you used should be fine, but you can also install something like DevMenu or BigBlueMenu to install CIAs without the extra steps.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Jayro @ Jayro: Thanks for that bundle, I had the games already but got all the DLC for them for just $5. What a... +1