Hacking Help with CFW on 3ds 9.2

coolcatg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I am really in need of help on how to use CFW on my 3ds. I just downgraded to 9.2 firmware successfully on a old 3ds. I am wondering now how I can install CIA files and use a CFW to play games online and still access the eshop and everything. Any help is greatly appreciated!

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan

coolcatg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lacius, on the part 1 from the link you gave me do I want to download the no browser or browser file for the decrypt thing?

Davidosky99

Eevee :3
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.davidosky99.xyz
XP
Country
Last edited by Davidosky99,

coolcatg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I have the browser so should I enter install homebrew and then menuhax and then I should install the decrypt9WIP files to my sd card? Sorry I am so new to trying to do this, thanks for the help though guys! Very appreciated

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I have the browser so should I enter install homebrew and then menuhax and then I should install the decrypt9WIP files to my sd card? Sorry I am so new to trying to do this, thanks for the help though guys! Very appreciated
That's one way to do it. Since you have an old 3DS, you could also just follow this guide for Part 1 without the need for installing menuhax and using the Homebrew Launcher: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Decrypt9-(Browser)

coolcatg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I homebrewed before I read your comment haha, but now for menuhax do I still hold down the left bumper or do I hold down on the d-pad to boot homebrew then?
And so now I can just follow part 1 for the decrypt9 browser? Which url do you recommend for that?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That's one way to do it. Since you have an old 3DS, you could also just follow this guide for Part 1 without the need for installing menuhax and using the Homebrew Launcher: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Decrypt9-(Browser)
Also when I put the decrypt9 launcher file on, do I put it in the files9 folder that I create or just on the root of the sd card?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

and once again thanks for all of the help so far guys! It means a ton! :)

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also when I put the decrypt9 launcher file on, do I put it in the files9 folder that I create or just on the root of the sd card?
Copy Launcher.dat and Decrypt9WIP.dat from the Decrypt9WIP zip to the root of your SD card

Edit: Respectfully, you shouldn't be doing any of this if you can't follow the guide.

Last edited by Lacius,

coolcatg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Copy Launcher.dat and Decrypt9WIP.dat from the Decrypt9WIP zip to the root of your SD card

Edit: Respectfully, you shouldn't be doing any of this if you can't follow the guide.

No offense taken, and well you gotta learn somehow :D I am on part 2 haha

coolcatg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good luck. Follow the guide exactly, even if something seems trivial.

Thanks for the help! If anything super complex comes up I'll come back to ask for help but otherwise thanks so much for the help!
Last question, will this guide teach me how to CFW or is that what I am currently doing and what is the best cia installer for 9.2?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the help! If anything super complex comes up I'll come back to ask for help but otherwise thanks so much for the help!
Last question, will this guide teach me how to CFW or is that what I am currently doing and what is the best cia installer for 9.2?
The guide will set you up with the best CFW (Luma3DS), update you to 11.0 (you will still have A9LH with access to all hacks and the ability to keep your system up-to-date), and it will walk you through setting up the best CIA installer (FBI).

Last edited by Lacius,

coolcatg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The guide will set you up with the best CFW (Luma3DS), update you to 11.0 (you will still have A9LH and access to all hacks and the ability to keep your system up-to-date), and it will walk you through setting up the best CIA installer (FBI).
Okay I am just creating a backup right now, and do I have to specifically install A9LH or is this guide putting it on also?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse