Hacking Help with Black brick! PLEASE!!

toolfreak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hello, i have a LU39 wii with a black brick, i have bootmii installed as IOS and a Nand Backup, i cant access the systemmenu or preloader...it doesn't have a modchip either..any ideas?? does any other chip (besides Infectus) allow autobooting discs? please, any help would be greatly appreciated.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What method did you use to downgrade? My guess is that you installed System Menu 4.1 without installing a functional IOS60. If that's what you did then you're screwed and won't be able to autoboot anything.

toolfreak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I stupidly downgraded manualy(i installed IOS 16, IOS30 and then systemmenu 289)...starting from Systemmenu 4.1U.

0M39A

Trophies
XP
Country
sounds like you have a boot2v4 wii, which doesnt let you downgrade past 3.4 (system menu 289 being 3.2U)

either that or you installed a new stubbed ios30.

im pretty sure the recovery menu wont be of any use to you with this brick, but hopefully someone will confirm with a solid answer.

toolfreak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
the wii is an LU39, i had used the same ios to downgrade another wii, but that one was on 3.4 U, this one was on 4.0 U...any ideas? could it help to install a wiiKey modchip to boot an autoboot disc?

toolfreak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
as i stated before, the IOS30 that i installed previous to the installation of the systemmenu289 was proven to work before in another wii (except that one was on systemmenu 3.4U and this one in 4.1U). So i think that the IOS itself should be installed on the wii...but i think the systemmenu isn't...any thoughts? ideas? anything? PLEASE

0M39A

Trophies
XP
Country
the serial number doesnt really mean much. there have been reports of LU3x wii's with boot2v4 before.

how old is the wii?

toolfreak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
you misunderstood me...i used the same IOS30 file used in this one to downgrade a 3.4 U wii to 3.2U without problems...therefore i don't think the ios is a stub...having said that, if the ios is installed properly (wich i think it is) is there any tool that i can use to access any type of menu?

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since you have boot2v4 I don't know if IOS30 is able to load properly even if it isn't a stub. If it could, you wouldn't be having this problem in the first place. And as my sig points out, the System Menu's IOS needs to be properly working if you plan on being able to access the recovery menu. I suppose you could give it a shot since IOS30 is trucha-bugged, but I don't make any guarantees.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'd have to try going into the recovery menu by taking a GCN pad, plugging it into the 4th slot, and messing with the D-Pad so you can press all four directions at once. To do that you'd have to open it up and remove a pin that keeps you from doing so in the first place. Or if you have a GCN DDR pad, use that instead.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: