help with an online error

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by mcjones92, Sep 16, 2015.

1. mcjones92
    OP

mcjones92 Kingpin

Jul 7, 2008
    United States
    In the ghetto
    Ok so I've been trying to get a resolution or this the last several hours. I'm getting the 002-0123 error when I try to go to another town in animal crossing new leaf for the sky3ds. I understand that Animal crossing has a manufacture ID AE while my private header is C2. I tried changing the template to a regular template that hasn't been patched with my private header and tried to go online to see if that was the issue. I still got the error. I don't know what I am doing wrong, I've looked up how to change my header to match the games manufacture ID but I cannot figure it out. I can connect with Mario golf however which is a C2 card. So how could I alter my private header to match that of an AE card? Is that possible? I've heard people say it was successful for them but no one really gives a descriptive answer of what they did. I've downloaded gateway rom editor to try and figure it out with no luck. Can anyone help?

2. Megaben99

Megaben99 I'm not an intern. I'm a messenger of the Gods!

Mar 19, 2015
    United States
    GW Rom editor won't do anything for you. The Header in your template is written to the SD and overwrites any existing header information. If you modify the header on the ROM, when you write it to Sky, the template header replaces it.

Check this post out https://gbatemp.net/threads/why-sky3ds-gets-002-0123-even-with-a-private-header.385672/

There's a pic with the byte marked for the manufacturer. I have had luck by just opening the Sky template, searching for the Cart I'm trying to write [in your example, AC: NL is CTR-EGDE] and then replacing the header line in the template [the one above the three rows of all FF] with my private header. Change nothing else, write the ROM.

Others have stated they needed to alter the manufacturer byte.

Any header can work with any game.

3. mcjones92
    OP

mcjones92 Kingpin

Jul 7, 2008
    United States
    In the ghetto
    I've seen the post you are talking about. It was helpful however, why when I change the template to an unmodified one does it still give me the error? Shouldn't the public header on the Rom be able to connect?

4. Megaben99

Mar 19, 2015
    United States
    Risking a ban with the public header. I would imagine that N has blocked all the known public headers, since the list is freely available on the Sky Template, but I don't know if it "should" work or not, sorry.

Did you cycle thru your games with the blue button? Re-writing with a new header doesn't 'stick' unless you cycle.

5. mcjones92
    OP

mcjones92 Kingpin

Jul 7, 2008
    United States
    In the ghetto
    Yeah I cycled. I just don't understand what I have to do get it up and running. I understand my private header is a different kind (C2) just going about changing it is confusing. I opened the template.txt, I see that the header says 'AE' so how would I put my .bin private header file in place of that? Would I have to open the .bin file? So confusing. Sorry I'm not very experienced with the 3ds scene.

6. animefreak55

animefreak55 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 13, 2011
    United States
    Home
    I still get error 002-0123 when I try to go online with a private header.

7. Megaben99

Mar 19, 2015
    United States
    Sky Army knife is your friend. After correcting your manufacturer code to match the game you got your header from, not the one already in the template, the last 2 bytes of the template are also changed. Sky Army Knife corrects this.