Homebrew Help with a messy B9S N3DS

Rick Astley

The real one !
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey !

So once again, i've a problem with my N3DS. I'm one of the first day user with B9S and worked fine. Some times ago, B9S v2 was out and I wanted to update it. No way, the .firm were not working at all. When I was pressing start, nothing was working, with of course right names for the firm.

Since this time a lot of things happened (I guess i tried to update around... June ? Not sure at all maybe before or after but the day B9S v2 was out), and it was not necessary. But today, I need GodMode9 to work. I don't want to update my B9S v1 to the v2 since i'm using a tool for Pokemon Games, and the plugin is really unstable with the v2. So no way to update for the moment (i'll see after to be honnest, first I want my N3DS to work fine)

I need help to see WHY my firms doesn't load when I launch my 3DS. For the setup :

- I rename the GodMode9.firm into X_GodMode9.firm (start in fact), inside the luma/playloads folder.
- I launch my 3DS while pressing Start. Nothing, my 3DS launches.
- Luma3DS v 7.1

Except that, everything work fine.

Any help ? Thanks o/

Last edited by Rick Astley,

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There is no v2, only 1.2 and it works better than 1.0 or 1.1.
If you don't want to update deal with it. Everybody will tell you to update first and see if your problem is fixed before asking for more help.

Last edited by Redferne,

Rick Astley

The real one !
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Why you don't read what i've already said twice ?

I CAN'T UPDATE. You see all the Section II ? If I could do that, why I would bother to post it since it'd work for what I want to do ?

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Maybe if you gave more detail... I don't know like your version of Luma and Godmode9. I'm not sure d0k3 kept compatibility with B9S 1.0/1.1 on latest versions.
As it is your whole "problem" doesn't make sense.

Rick Astley

The real one !
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I said on my thread that updating could not work since I can't launch the GodMode9.

I'm using the GodMode9 at that time so 100% working with the v.1 (so the one used before) I could check the version for this one.

And for the Luma yep I forgot, this one is my bad, v.7.1 gonna edit for this one.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
What Pokemon tool are you referring to? It would be really helpful to include that detail as well.
Also you don't need to rename the Godmode9.firm or really any payload anymore since Luma3DS has a bootmenu to choose your payloads.
And again, why can't you update to v1.2? I feel like your reason is extremely vague

Rick Astley

The real one !
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So my tool is the PokeCalcNTR for RNGing stuff. With some methods and the last luma, the game just freezes and I need this method for some researches in order to bring my help for the tool since i'm in touch with them. So i need to stay on the v.1 for the moment. The day this is fixed, i'll be able to move on (waiting for that and Rosalina to be honnest)

so, I've renamed, nothing.

And yes if I remember correctly, last time I used the GodMode9 it was for the A9LH => B9S, never worked after. But it was not the .bin (too old, can't be 100% sure)

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Rick Astley

The real one !
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm quite close to the dev, it's something we discovered, so for the moment, I need to help to bring delays and things like that. So I need to stay like that for the moment :/

Well, any .firm doesn't work. The SafeB9SInstaller is not working too for example (yeah useless but more a proof)

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I'm quite close to the dev, it's something we discovered, so for the moment, I need to help to bring delays and things like that. So I need to stay like that for the moment :/

Well, any .firm doesn't work. The SafeB9SInstaller is not working too for example (yeah useless but more a proof)
Sounds like Luma is being booted from the CTR-NAND. Try copying the luma folder to CTR-NAND at the same level as boot.firm. You can do this with FBI.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hey !

So once again, i've a problem with my N3DS. I'm one of the first day user with B9S and worked fine. Some times ago, B9S v2 was out and I wanted to update it. No way, the .firm were not working at all. When I was pressing start, nothing was working, with of course right names for the firm.

Since this time a lot of things happened (I guess i tried to update around... June ? Not sure at all maybe before or after but the day B9S v2 was out), and it was not necessary. But today, I need GodMode9 to work. I don't want to update my B9S v1 to the v2 since i'm using a tool for Pokemon Games, and the plugin is really unstable with the v2. So no way to update for the moment (i'll see after to be honnest, first I want my N3DS to work fine)

I need help to see WHY my firms doesn't load when I launch my 3DS. For the setup :

- I rename the GodMode9.firm into X_GodMode9.firm (start in fact), inside the luma/playloads folder.
- I launch my 3DS while pressing Start. Nothing, my 3DS launches.
- Luma3DS v 7.1

Except that, everything work fine.

Any help ? Thanks o/
That could be your issue (bolded text)
It's supposed to be luma\payloads

Rick Astley

The real one !
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So nop it's Payloads of course, fail when making the thread sorry.

About the other solution, gonna check that thanks o/

Edit : How i can show you my setup ? I've found how to make it I think...
In the CTR NAnd there's no luma folder

Edit 2 : Copied my Luma folder to the CTR Nand. Launched my 3DS while pressing Select : Nothing. My 3DS launches.

Last edited by Rick Astley,

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems to me like it doesn't have anything to do with the plugin. It's either your NTR being outdated, your games, your lack of updating to B9S 1.2, your outdated Luma or something else.

I'm sorry but I find it ironic you claim to be "buddies" with the Dev of the program (Not saying you're not, I don't know) yet you don't even have ONE post on that thread. B9S v1.2 came out on June 4th. The posts in that thread after it's release (there aren't many) nowhere mention any sort of instability from then until the last reply on Aug 14th even after new releases such as the one on July 23rd. Why would you be the only one experiencing it and why would the dev refuse to state such when they released the program for Gen 6 the same day, as well as new releases for Gen 7 after the fact? I'm 99% sure there would have been a disclaimer or someone would have reported it in three months time.

Not that is matters, it's just irritating when people ignore legit advice in lieu of assumptions they are 100% sure of.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1