Taiyohhhhhh!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
So I got Borderlands off a friend and one of the cracks files is a .dll called 'reloaded.dll'
Curious to see if it's a virus, I cracked it open with Notepad. This is the result:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

MZP    ÿÿ ¸ @   º ´ Í!¸LÍ!Kindergarten Assembler ;D quake_ger$
$7 PE L Y;ü™ à Ž¡      @    
P      0 r @ h CODE     `DATA   @ À.idata  0   @ À.reloc  @   @ P `h @ èá h
@ PèÊ £ @ ‹¾@ ¸eÐ_ ‰X¸«®Ñ ‰X¸¯Ñ ‰X¸Jfà ‰X¸€fà ‰X¸†q‰X¸õ¯{‰X¸±{‰X¸ú)‰‰X¸Åd‰X‹@ ¸ìƒà ‰X¸¿˜‰X‹²@ ¸êÞ_ ‰X¸ôã_ ‰X¸H;Ý ‰X¸ á ‰X¸3š‰X‹Ð@ ¸ñ«^ ‰X¸ùÎ_ ‰X‹î@ ¸X›p‰X¸Ö°{‰X¸x)‰‰X¸êzT Ç@ @ ‹ @ ¸¿«{‰X‹ú@ ¸;~F ‰X¸^„F ‰X¸ÖJT ‰X‹@ ¸}•‰X‹â@ ¸tç_ ‰X¸þeà ‰X¸gfà ‰X¸O*‰‰X¸f›p‰X¸qÉÑ ‰X¸2Ó ‰X¸â°{‰X‹Ä@ ¸5T ‰X‹ @ ¸cÕ_ ‰X¸ôÔ_ ‰X¸Þ­Ñ ‰X‹¸@ ¸Á¯{‰X‹Ö@ ¸ƒF ‰X¸á”T ‰X¸›]‰X‹¦@ ¸AF ‰X¸j”T ‰X¸Ú˜]‰X‹Ü@ ¸ŸÀS ‰X¸ZÒ_ ‰X¸Ñ ` ‰X¸F‰X¸ÿNb‰X¸6Pb‰X‹¬@ ¸¬ƒF ‰X¸ì”T ‰X¸.›]‰X‹@ ¸°þ_ ‰X¸È­à ‰X¸ì•‰X‹ô@ ¸UÐ_ ‰X¸sê_ ‰X¸@Óª ‰X¸ 2Ó ‰X¸ìeà ‰X¸Ufà ‰X¸k#d‰X¸HÓª ‰X¸@ÉÑ ‰X‹Ê@ ¸_LT ‰X¸0NT ‰X¸T ‰X‹@ ¸[*‰‰X¸÷“T ‰X¸¬ ` ‰X¸P‚T ‰X¸ LT ‰X¸c½^ ‰X¸íÙ_ ‰X¸ÁT ‰X¸”T ‰X¸ÁæT ‰X¸0Ï_ ‰X¸%Ð_ ‰X¸—×_ ‰X¸ñØ_ ‰X¸Xà_ ‰X¸Èÿ_ ‰X¸hÓª ‰X¸]Ôà ‰X¸Ö›p‰X¸„)‰‰X‹è@ ¸×ºk‰X¸t:‰X¸¥Ô_ ‰X¸b_à ‰X¸5¡k‰Xa¸ Ãÿ%˜0@ ÿ%œ0@ ÿ% 0@ ÿ%¤0@ ÿ%¨0@ ÿ%¬0@ ÿ%°0@ ÿ%´0@ ÿ%¸0@ ÿ%¼0@ ÿ%À0@ ÿ%Ä0@ ÿ%È0@ ÿ%Ì0@ ÿ%Ð0@ ÿ%Ô0@ ÿ%Ø0@ ÿ%à0@ ÿ%ä0@ ÿ%è0@ ÿ%ì0@ kernel32.dll GetFileSizeEx

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks to everyone.
The results say that according to CP Secure, Quick Heal & Virus Buster all say that it's a Trojan. All the rest are cool with it.

And for the record, 8BITWALUGI's A MANS NAME! AND I'M A MAN!.

Had to throw that in!

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Your best bet to look into a DLL is a decompiler, as a DLL is most often a collection of precompiled programming functions made to be portable. It's a way to define a custom function once and then include it for use in multiple different programs (or provide it's use to the entire OS, if it's registered as a system DLL).

Lots of cracks are detected by antivirus programs even if they don't do anything malicious simply because of how they operate, they modify other programs (the game to be cracked) and bypass security checks.

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i'm guessing you're using the reloaded release. it *shouldn't* be all that dangerous as reloaded is a rather big group and wouldn't continue to release games with the popularity they get. its probably just one of their dodgy ways of bypassing the games protection.

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Usually, reloaded cracks have a reloaded.dll as some kind of hooking reference or something that can skip the checks in the normal EXE. KEEP THAT IN THE SAME DIR AS THE CRACKED EXE

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    light27 @ light27: oh it’s the least I could do +1