Help with 1MB sav files

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by n3rds, Mar 24, 2009.

Mar 24, 2009

Help with 1MB sav files by n3rds at 9:51 PM (1,085 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. n3rds
    OP

Newcomer n3rds Member

Canada
    I tried to install YSmenu and after several hours I've given up. Is there any other way to have pokemon platinum work on the R4 v1.18 without YSmenu?

Like a patch of some kind?

2. Dragonmasta666

Newcomer Dragonmasta666 Member

United States
    Nope [​IMG] What issues are you having with YSmenu? Have you tried using the Autobatch file? It makes it much easier; i just did it around 20 minutes ago for the first time. I had some issues as well but I managed to work through them.

3. Depravo

Global Moderator Depravo Jaded curmudgeon

United Kingdom
    Quick guide to making YSMenu run on the R4 -

1) Download R4YSauto from this thread - http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=103879

2) Extract it

3) Delete the dstt.7z file. Replace it with this one - http://www.mediafire.com/?rjhzcfzmcn4
    This is a version I collected from several sources. It contains the modified 1.17 firmware and the custom savlib and infolib files.

4) Go to THIS SITE and download this version of YSMenu and place it in the same folder as everything else

[​IMG]

5) Rename it to YSMenu0810211800

6) Now run the r4 batch file and answer the questions thus -

en
    r4
    yes
    en

7 Extract the R4_custom_english file that has just been created

8) Place the TTMENU folder and the _DS_MENU.dat directly onto the root of your microSD card

I don't know where you went wrong but that method definitely works for me on my R4.

Remember to say thankyou to Maikel Steneker, Yasu and whoever made the custom DSTT files.

4. Dragonmasta666

Newcomer Dragonmasta666 Member

United States
    make sure to put the 080xxxxxx.zip file into the ysauto folder or it will say not found when you run the R4.bat

5. n3rds
    OP

Newcomer n3rds Member

Canada
    Thanks, i guess i was trying to do it the hard way before. I'm going to try this right now! Thanks!

6. n3rds
    OP

Newcomer n3rds Member

Canada
    I got YSmenu running (and it runs other games), but when it tries to play pokemon platinum the bar gets almost full then an error message appears and it says to restart!

BUT I patched the R4 v1.18 and now it lets me use a 1MB sav! So I don't need YSmenu!

7. Terenigma

Member Terenigma Terenigma everywhere

United Kingdom

^^ How? patched the R4 v1.18 with what? i like you dont wanna mess around with YSmenu coz iv heard it can effect other games and doesnt play homebrew and i like some homebrew games and play them

[EDIT] http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=142929

8. joraffex

Newcomer joraffex Newbie

United States
    I have a quick question.. after I have YSMenu on the R4 (I've been playing Pokemon Platinum a few days without it!) will it fix my .SAV so that the game works correctly?