Hacking Help? = Wii System Transfer (region)

Rizaria

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My Wii is American. Soft-modded out the wazoo of course, but for all intents and purposes, a U.S model.
My Wii U is Australian. Before attempting it, I was wondering if the System Transfer is region locked? Assuming it is, is it possible to make my Wii count as Aussie before transferring?

I'm not quite sure what prerequisites for the tool are, basically. And I'm just curious, because I would like to move over the few legit games (and a fair bit of DLC) over if possible. If not, oh well, my Wii still works. Still, curious if anyone can help me out!

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not sure about the system transfer being region locked but there is a way to change the region on your wii. There is a program called any region changer that changes the region but downgrades to 4.1. It is pretty dangerous if you mess it up and can brick your wii. If you have priiloader or even better bootmii as boot 2 you should make a backup of your nand so if you brick you can recover.

It is possible that after you change the region your games and DLC will not work because they are region locked to US.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Software update might improve it.