Hacking {Help} What method for installing RxTools?

Suicuark

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
9.2-0E O3DS
So i've only got my fully exploitable versions some minutes before and i have some question:
-Seems that a new way for installing RxTools have been realeased, should i use old or new way, are they both safe?
-Can i play online with CIA's?
-Is installing CFW brick free?
-As there is a HBL CIA, is this CIA based on any specific hax or...?

Last edited by Suicuark,

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no new way to install rxTools, the "new method" that you might be talking about is nothing more than people being able to downgrade their 9.3+ systems to 9.2.

The answer to your other 3 questions is yes.

Suicuark

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
Well seems that in youtube there is new method for installing RxTools.
And the third question is not a yes or no question :)

Suicuark

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
Well these CFW kits an others are new things,because actual installing method don't use phyton 2.7 that old method uses.

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Installing rxTools" is nothing more than copying the rxTools files to the SD card.

Python is needed to generate some files that are free to download yourself but ilegal to share due to copyright.

If someone generated the files and put them together in a zip doesn't mean is a new method at all dude...

Suicuark

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
Well i don't understand all, but seems that just someone put these files in a zip, sorry...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also, can't you help me?
I can't access go.gateway-3ds.com from my 3ds, I've tried clearing history and cookies but it won't work.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well i don't understand all, but seems that just someone put these files in a zip, sorry...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also, can't you help me?
I can't access go.gateway-3ds.com from my 3ds, I've tried clearing history and cookies but it won't work.
Ok you don't need to go to the gateway site anymore to create your emunand just download this and it will create it for you https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-emunand9tool-open-source-emunand-formatter-manager.405921/

Last edited by AmandaRose,

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-Seems that a new way for installing RxTools have been realeased, should i use old or new way, are they both safe?
There's no new method to installing rxtools. Perhaps you are thinking of the alternative FBI injection method, where you'd use Decrypt9 to inject FBI instead of RxTools?

-Can i play online with CIA's?
Yes, but be aware that those .cias rely on your console header. Nintendo can very likely see that you "own" several games you're using online, which don't match with what was purchased on your NNID/eShop account. They haven't really done anything about this for the past 2-3 years (they have for people using public headers on Sky/Gateway .3ds headers, though), so take that as you will.

-Is installing CFW brick free?
Considering you are already on 9.2, the only brick you should worry about is whenever you play around with your internal sysnand files. Avoid installing .cia packages to "NAND" when running your CIA installer from sysnand.

Also consider using EmuNAND, which will allow you to play around with internal system files without worrying about bricks, because you can create and recover restore points with EmuNAND Tool.

-As there is a HBL CIA, is this CIA based on any specific hax or...?
I think it relies on Download Play, but I don't really know how it works.

It definitely works, though!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over