Help - Weird Oled issue after chip installation

QuiTim

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I am having a weird problem after hwfly (oled) installation.
When i try to create emummc screen goes partially green (see attached) and then after a while it freezes.
Everything seems to be ok, checked all the values on solder points and everything else I can think of.
Changed the dat0 adapter 2 times.
I'm using 36awg wire.
OFW works great.
Any ideas?
Edit: solution (of sorts) in post bellow

Attachments

• 20230411_174133.jpg
    20230411_174133.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 42
  • 20230411_174117.mp4
    27.2 MB
Last edited by QuiTim,

QuiTim

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Problem is your LCD cable.
That's the first thing I thought as well, but it works great in all other situations, I can play games, smash it around or do whatever I can imagine and no problem whatsoever. The moment I try to create emummc it starts ok, goes to 4% or 20%max and this starts to happen, then after 10-20seconds it freezes.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's the first thing I thought as well, but it works great in all other situations, I can play games, smash it around or do whatever I can imagine and no problem whatsoever. The moment I try to create emummc it starts ok, goes to 4% or 20%max and this starts to happen, then after 10-20seconds it freezes.

You tested the SD card?

QuiTim

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
You tested the SD card?
No.
I will get a different SD and give it a shot.
Thanks.
Post automatically merged:

No.
Thanks.
Got a brand new SanDisk, same situation :)
It's not the SD Card unfortunately

So just for the archive...
I ended up desoldering the flex cable and rewired everything manualy.
Used 36awg for 3.3v, GND and RST; 38awg for dat0, end enamel magnet wire for CLK and CMD.
I also noticed quite some flux under the flex cable (which i removed with alot of difficulty) so this might have been the issue.
Anyway, everything works fine now.
I would still love to know is anyone faced same situation/problem and did they manage to pinpoint the exact cause.
Cheers.

Last edited by QuiTim,

superxoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
No.
Thanks.

Got a brand new SanDisk, same situation :)
It's not the SD Card unfortunately

So just for the archive...
I ended up desoldering the flex cable and rewired everything manualy.
Used 36awg for 3.3v, GND and RST; 38awg for dat0, end enamel magnet wire for CLK and CMD.
I also noticed quite some flux under the flex cable (which i removed with alot of difficulty) so this might have been the issue.
Anyway, everything works fine now.
I would still love to know is anyone faced same situation/problem and did they manage to pinpoint the exact cause.
Cheers.
i had the same issue after installation. when i turned off and on the console that issue remain. after a few boot i got bluescreen as well. after checking the board i noticed that the top ram got very hot. i intend to change the ram but i don't know why the ram has that issue, i didn't touch the ram even one while doing installation.

QuiTim

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
i had the same issue after installation. when i turned off and on the console that issue remain. after a few boot i got bluescreen as well. after checking the board i noticed that the top ram got very hot. i intend to change the ram but i don't know why the ram has that issue, i didn't touch the ram even one while doing installation
If something is getting hot it's most likely a short somewhere, in ny case it might have been the flux residue.
Maybe use some pressurised pcb cleaner...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ