Gaming (Help Wanted) Kodi Developers are looking for developers to maintain the uwp (Xbox one) version

kingtut

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Everyone,

The developers behind the popular app "Kodi" are looking for developers to work on the app. Primarily, they need help with the pc, and xbox one version. If they don't get the developers they need, they might abandon the xbox one version according to their post.

Kodi is a popular app that allows for streaming, playing media. The app is also used for gaming as it has a bunch of plugins that act as retro game emulators. Although the gaming plugins (as far as I'm aware) currently don't work on the xbox one, but might work in a future update.

Details of the role are inside the article. If you got what it takes and you care about kodi, this might be the job for you. It might also be a really good chance to improve your skills further.

Link: https://kodi.tv/article/windows-developers-kodi-needs-you

kingtut

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't that mean they're abandoning it either way?

Nope, they will abandon it if they don't find the developers they need. From what it sounds like, they will focus on other versions regardless. But they need help with the uwp, and xbox one version of the apps.

IncredulousP

GBAtemp's Resident Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, they will abandon it if they don't find the developers they need. From what it sounds like, they will focus on other versions regardless. But they need help with the uwp, and xbox one version of the apps.
I get that, I just mean, if they have other people develop it, then are they really "working" on it? It would be no different if they abandoned it then other people worked on it, unless I'm missing something here

kingtut

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get that, I just mean, if they have other people develop it, then are they really "working" on it? It would be no different if they abandoned it then other people worked on it, unless I'm missing something here

I think it just means that they will need the help of someone else to be dedicated to that specific port. Especially with how uwp can be challenging.

I never worked with them, but I imagine the way it works now is the same developers are trying to maintain the xbox one ports are also working on other ports, which is obviously demanding. And so, they want to have more developers dedicated to just the xbox one port. And they will be available to help and guide.

Kind of like how retroarch currently has developers dedicated to the xbox one version, but there are others who work on all versions of retroarch.

Reactions: IncredulousP

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end