Homebrew Help w/ Ocarina (NeoGamma, GeckoOS)

Psxphile

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very unsure on where this goes, so I'll post it here.

I have Fire Emblem Path of Radiance retail. I'd like to play it on my Wii (homebrew-enabled fw4.2) w/ one particular cheat code (9999 Bonus EXP, as a crutch). I don't have an Action Replay, nor a compatible memory card for it to store codes. I know what Ocarina is and that it works for Wii games (I assume, I haven't used it yet for that) and I have both NeoGamma and GeckoOs (newest versions).

I guess what I want to know: can you use Ocarina for GameCube games? I've searched various threads here and elsewhere and I'm finding conflicting statements. I've created a GCT file w/ Code Manager, named it GFEE01.gct (game's ID) and placed it in SD:\codes\. But neither NeoGamma and GeckoOS acknowledge the GCT file and simply boots the game normally. One thread mentioned hooktypes, but I don't know what that is or what it does.

And if the answer is "No, Ocarina will not work", where can I go from here? I've tried the Action Replay app that's available through HBC, but it doesn't recognize either of my 1st party Memory cards (one 59 and one 251). I was hoping I could avoid having to buy a new or used 3rd party card just for this, but if that's my only choice...

Psxphile

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Christopho said:
Aren't the wii version and the gc version the same game just with 2 different titles o.o?
Um, they're sequels in a long line of sequels. One's on GameCube, the other is on the Wii. They're not the same.

QUOTE(Pippin666 @ Feb 1 2010, 03:25 AM) Where do I get Ocarina cheat ??
?_?

I was... kinda hoping I'd get a serious response by the time I came back. Does no one really know?

Christopho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most likely no one really knows and sorry for my stupid reply it was because I looked up codes for my own ISO and the characters were the same (e.g. ike, boyd, etc.) so I assumed it was the same game with different gameplay/graphics >.< Also, did you check the file path to the codes? When you loaded up GeckoOS did it say that "No codes were found" or "Now loading without codes" or something like that? If not, then I'm assuming that either A. You got the game ID wrong B. Wrong file path. Check what the file paths to your .GCT's are and if they're leading to your .gct then double check your gamecube retail disc and double check your game ID. Also, where did you find your .gct?

Edit: For your other question you CAN use cheats for your gamecube games otherwise this topic wouldn't even be here on the official Wiird site (this is where all the major .gct's are): http://wiird.l0nk.org/forum/index.php?PHPS...&board=11.0 . Try posting your question there
smile.gif
Also, have you seen this vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQB1NfpG-VI

Psxphile

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, that's the app I was talking about in my first post.

I double-checked file names and paths before posting here, everything is in the right place with the right filenames. I'm just going to assume that at the present time, Ocarina doesn't work when in GC mode.

Anyway, I went out and picked up a $15 dollar GCN memory card at some hobbyist shop earlier. Some 64MB 1019 Block 3rd party affair, looked like it might've been an import. Anyhoo, I tried that and was able to get the AR loader to recognize it. So I now have a fully functional cheat device (or app) for my GameCube games. I suppose that means this thread's role is over.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1