Homebrew Help! video converting

Primenay13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I just got my new AK2I in the mail (my old one broke) and I have never used it for homebrew before. I downloaded moonshell and I have some questions. I am going on vacation for spring break and I just bought seasons 1-4 of the show 24. I would like to convert them to put them on my ds. How would I go about getting the discs onto my ds? My friend does it but is mean and wont tell me how. Thanks to anyone who helps!! I have the latest version of the AK2I firmware and moonshell version 2.10 stable

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
Well, if you have a big enough card(s), you don't technically need to convert them, just put them somewhere in the sd card.

Chances are, though, you don't have one big enough. And frankly, 4 seasons of a tv show will be too large for any sd card to have a reasonable speed with.

That being said, there are two converters at the top of the list on the site below, one for the whole dvd and one for just a few video clips (.avi or what have you).

http://www.bestshareware.net/videoguide/dpgconverter.htm

Primenay13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 2 16 GB micro sdhc class 4's and I downloaded the converter but it wont convert the cd. how can I get the cd to convert to mp4 so I can use dpg tools? thanks for the help btw

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
If you downloaded Moonshell - you'll find there a DPGencoder included in the package
Just drag-&-drop you movie (or whatever) onto it & it'll do the job

BTW: monkat - that site you've given has got a poor WOT rating
According to WOT (Web Of Trust) comments
QUOTE said:
Malicious Website! - This site includes Malware -
Contains spyware.Avoid.
Do not enter! Website has viruses!
Engaged in the distribution of malware.

Edit: Ah I see - you what to 'rip' a DVD/CD & THEN Convert to DPG - not sure if you can rip Commercial CD without paying for some type of software

A quick Google search has come up with this - never tried it & not sure if it IS free or not

Primenay13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To your edit yes. I got the mp4 .3pg and ect to dpg thing fine. I just need a free way to rip the dvd to my computer. Wait this is legal since i bought them right?

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
You posted as I was editing my previous post (again)

Not too sure about that - It depends on the country you're in I think
IIRC in UK technically it's illegal, but in the USA I THINK it's 'allowed to make a backup'

Of course as long as you don't broadcast the fact - there's little chance the TV/Film boards gonna come knocking on your door to arrest you

Primenay13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lolcat said:
look up dvd platinum my dad uses it and it works

Is it free?

EDIT: I just looked it up on bing and Im not getting anything called dvd platinum its dvdx platinum dvd burner platinum ECT.

Primenay13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright well its free Im going to try it. What do you guys recommend for the settings of moonshell to get the best quality and performance (no lag)

Fluganox

Trophies
XP
Country
I'd use DVDshrink to rip it to your computer
then I used a program called "Super C" to convert to DPG, however I'm sure the DPGencoder with MoonShell will work just as good
tongue.gif

oh and just as a tip, I put a skate DVD on my DS, about 62 minutes of video = about 180MB. So I have no idea how much four seasons will take up :|

Primenay13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could I please have some links to those I keep getting blocked on google from my antivirus program. Thanks alot guys!!
Also, What are the optimal settings for AK2I for a movie with lots of action? how would I get the best quality without lagging?

Heere

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Primenay13 said:
Could I please have some links to those I keep getting blocked on google from my antivirus program. Thanks alot guys!!
Also, What are the optimal settings for AK2I for a movie with lots of action? how would I get the best quality without lagging?
Currently, the best program for ripping DVDs is CloneDVD used in combination with AnyDVD.

Here's the way it works. You install AnyDVD to stop the copy protection that your DVD drive uses.
Then you start CloneDVD, and it grabs the .vob video files from the DVD.

The reason they are two separate programs is so that CloneDVD can be sold in stores, while AnyDVD cannot.

Once you have the .vob files, which are perfect rips of the video on the disc, convert them to avi then convert them to dpg using dpgenc.

Heere

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, good news. DPGenc can go straight from .vob to .dpg.
DPGenc is located in the misctools/DPGtools directory that comes with moonshell.

Just make sure to choose ffmpeg from the drop down menu in your dpgenc options and drag on those .vob files!

You may need to install this codec pack and reboot before encoding. It's the one I recommend.
Also note that using dpgenc in this way takes a long time, because it encodes the video twice. But this means you don't have to use two programs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-