Hacking Help upgrading my Wii

gdownie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, first off I want to thank everyone here for all the work they are doing on the Wii. It's really awesome.

I have a 3.2u North American Wii. I currently have the Twilight Hack installed, along with the Homebrew Channel, WiiGator's 0.3b cIOS249, and WiiGator's Launcher 0.3b. My question is: what do I have to do to upgrade to 0.3g? I read EmperorOfCanada''s guide, but it mentions Starfall. What is this Starfall thing? Do I need it to install 0.3g? Also, do I need to uninstall/delete any of my old cIOSes (ie IOS249)? Finally, does this mean I won't be able to play Mario Kart online anymore? I've been trying to keep up with the flurry of progress being made on GBAtemp, but I've lost track of what the newest stuff is. If someone who has been following this stuff closely could post an answer here, it would be much appreciated.

pika9323

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Remove the Cios with the Cios Uninstaller.
Now installe the new Cios rev7 over Network.
Thats it.

Just look at Wiibrew what Starfall does.

gdownie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seriously? That's easy as hell! The guide I read had a bunch of other steps, such as installing Starfall. Do you know if online play is possible with the cIOS rev7?

Edit: I read up on WiiBrew about Starfall. It seems like it'd be a good thing, skipping disc updates. Is it good to install, or not really necessary? Thanks for your help.

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
gdownie said:
Seriously? That's easy as hell! The guide I read had a bunch of other steps, such as installing Starfall. Do you know if online play is possible with the cIOS rev7?

Edit: I read up on WiiBrew about Starfall. It seems like it'd be a good thing, skipping disc updates. Is it good to install, or not really necessary? Thanks for your help.
I got it all in my thread follow the third link in my signature and enjoy the fun of hacking your Wii , Good Luck
wink.gif

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The downgrade/starfall in my guide IS optional, I just reccomend it for greatest flexibility in unbricking your wii. It is probably not necessary if you dont install wads.

You can still follow my guide, skip right from the IOS downgrader right to the djtaz_gamma.wad install.

Its up to you
smile.gif

nutta_nic

Trophies
XP
Country
i think starfall is great because it stops you from accidently updating with a game
lecture.gif
, and theres no need to open up a gc pad to get to recovery mode
grog.gif

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
nutta_nic said:
i think starfall is great because it stops you from accidently updating with a game
lecture.gif
, and theres no need to open up a gc pad to get to recovery mode
grog.gif
that is right , that's why I call it in my tutorial ( Brick Proof ) , it's the safe way
wink.gif

gdownie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks a lot guys! I uninstalled the old cIOS and installed Starfall and the rev 7 cIOS. Then I installed a WAD for the gamma launcher and everything is working fine! Thanks again for your help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sjy9nc5QwBY