[HELP]Update my Modded wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Atrozation, Jul 29, 2009.

Jul 29, 2009
  1. Atrozation
    OP

Newcomer Atrozation Member

Singapore
    Hi sorry for troubling everyone.
    Here is my situation
    Recently i wanted to try out the Wii sports resort and Virtual tennis 2009 on my Wii
    It gave the the result of Blue screen error #002
    Thus i read through this forum for 2 days and still do not dare to update my wii because of these few factors
    1)My wii is already modded when i bought it.
    Here are the details
    System 3.2 or 3.3*Unsure* with HBC and gamma 0.3 backuploader in it
    2) I am unsure if there is a NAND backup in it.
    This is because i am not 100% confident of my 1st time modding/upgrading my wii
    If it bricks my mum will kill me for sure
    3)Read through alot tutorials but just cant seem any that is facing what im facing now
    Sorry if i didn read carefully the whole forum

Now i just hope that any kind souls could help me out now and give me a detailed tutorial
    *i dun mind it being difficult as long im able to absorb it and step by step basis i am more than happy*
    And do help me out and explain to me how to solve me problems
    Thank in advance! Im Stuck from playing news games on my wii for quite a few days and im still doing research though!
    Do help me out thank you guys!

2. jabmaster2

Member jabmaster2 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    There is plenty of stickies my man so just search around . I can say u don't have a NAND backup and probably don't have preloader so ur chances of bricking are there. U might need go learn basics of softmodding like understanding .dol and . Elf and how hbc works. What wads are. Maybe some one can give u a guide to follow for extremem noobs

3. HiBit

Member HiBit GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    First of all check if you can install bootmii as boot2 and than make a NAND backup.

If this is done, you can't get any problems with your mother because you can recover your Wii if you brick it. [​IMG]

Now you can update to sysmenu 4.1, than use Trucha Bug Restorer, install cIOS rev. 14 and use neogamma and/or usb loader gx to play WSR and VT2k9.

4. jabmaster2

Member jabmaster2 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    this is the guide for what he said http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144835. I still think u shld learn basics first as this is probably above ur head. Always please make a NAND backup with boot like hibit said

5. Atrozation
    OP

Newcomer Atrozation Member

Singapore
    Thanks for all ya advices
    But my question is
    If NAND backup is already made b4 i bought it
    and now im unsure of
    Then if i backup again
    Is there any danger to my set?
    Cause the only information i have know is that i have gamma 0.3 backuploader
    and not sure whether i have NAND backup or bootmii/boot2
    thanks for helping guys!

6. HiBit

Member HiBit GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    NO.
    You can backup your NAND again and again, it's only danger if you didn't have a NAND backup.