Hacking Help understanding the different hax

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pretty crappy explanations. even though its almost correct, it sounds like "you can just do that and nothing else" and nobody uses emunand btw except for gateway users, (and btw arm11 kernel exploits are not used to create an eminand, since just the arm9 processor can read/write to the nand chip) also the ability to exec arm9 payloads is not just useful for dumping the otp, and dumping the otp is not installing a9lh, a9lh is writing hax payloads to firm0/firm1 also with arm9 code exec you can run a custom OS for example, as long as you control the lowest level of the 3ds security (well boot9 but we still don't have it publicy so I'll use kernel9 on this) which is the arm9 kernel, you can do whatever you want.
It its a PRETTY Basic explanation, im taking in consideration that maybe he is a newbie?

The worst thing you can do its fill it with all the information possible, that's why i linked the exploits to help him understand. sure you can do hella lot of things, but the basics to the common user, which is homebrew and signature patches, remains the same.
You can also look at the system flaws at 3dsbrew.
And also the system calls that the 3DS do.

So true, you can do everything if you get to the lowest level possible, aka Boot9, but we dont have that, so we stick with kernel9.
But yeah, Kernel11 its a Bridge "Mostly" to Kernel9.

To OP:
Basically, This depends on what you want to do, and what version are you currently.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

ok in simple terms... if i find a way to launch homebrew launcher i can then follow 3ds.guide to install the arm9loaderHax?
No.

You need to know what version you have.

11.4, just have Userland Exploit [Homebrew]
11.3 and bellow, have a ARM11Kernel Exploit which can trigger an ARM9 Exploit to do the guide ;D

RyDog

Lazy Animal Crossing hacks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok in simple terms... if i find a way to launch homebrew launcher i can then follow 3ds.guide to install the arm9loaderHax?
if your consoles current firmware has an arm9 kernel exploit available for it. Currently, if your 3DS is 11.4, you have to wait. But anything below can follow 3ds.guide

NoddyRams

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
my main aim in all this is to be able to run 3ds backups/roms without using a flashcart? Obviously also wanting to make sure when future updates come along i have some security so i dont lose this ability.

not bothered about any other major homebrew things like themes etc, possibly be able to run emulators but that is secondary.

RyDog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my main aim in all this is to be able to run 3ds backups/roms without using a flashcart? Obviously also wanting to make sure when future updates come along i have some security so i dont lose this ability.

not bothered about any other major homebrew things like themes etc, possibly be able to run emulators but that is secondary.
Get a sky3DS then. It doesn't require any hacks, and always works on the latest firmware.

adrifcastr

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It its a PRETTY Basic explanation, im taking in consideration that maybe he is a newbie?

The worst thing you can do its fill it with all the information possible, that's why i linked the exploits to help him understand. sure you can do hella lot of things, but the basics to the common user, which is homebrew and signature patches, remains the same.
You can also look at the system flaws at 3dsbrew.
And also the system calls that the 3DS do.

So true, you can do everything if you get to the lowest level possible, aka Boot9, but we dont have that, so we stick with kernel9.
But yeah, Kernel11 its a Bridge "Mostly" to Kernel9.

To OP:
Basically, This depends on what you want to do, and what version are you currently.
you were still wrong at some points which I corrected.

NoddyRams

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
11.4, just have Userland Exploit [Homebrew]
11.3 and bellow, have a ARM11Kernel Exploit which can trigger an ARM9 Exploit to do the guide ;D

so do i require an arm9 exploit to play backup roms? or can this be achieved just via homebrew?

is the arm9 exploit more for future proofing?

Get a sky3DS then. It doesn't require any hacks, and always works on the latest firmware.

thank you i may look into this also. but does a future nintendo update not run the risk of a flashcard becoming obsolete?

does the sky3DS also play DS backup roms?

thanks

RyDog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so do i require an arm9 exploit to play backup roms? or can this be achieved just via homebrew?

thank you i may look into this also. but does a future nintendo update not run the risk of a flashcard becoming obsolete?

thanks
what firmware is your 3DS running? You can find this by launching the system settings, and it'll be displayed on the bottom right of the top screen.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country

thanks

Also, do not update. If it asks you to update then just say no.

NoddyRams

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i have a 2DS unfortunately it is running 11.4 firmwire.

Basically i have just purchased it via ebay this week and never checked.

I do have a second 2DS on the way also though, which is why i am trying to work out my best options here.

SANIC

GBATemp's Sonic Fan in Residence, 後
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a 2DS unfortunately it is running 11.4 firmwire.

Basically i have just purchased it via ebay this week and never checked.

I do have a second 2DS on the way also though, which is why i am trying to work out my best options here.
arm9loaderhax is protected by Luma if you choose to update just make sure you update Luma first before you update your firmware

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0