Hacking help unbricking wih ntrboot

Kamahl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
If I understood the ntrboot guide there are some steps needed to prepare the flashcart.
The problem is that my 3ds is bricked, and I don't have another ds system, so I'm not sure if I can actually properly prepare the flashcart.
Can you confirm? If so do you have any other other suggestion on how to (soft) unbrick it?

Kamahl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Ok, after some considerations I bought the B9S (it seems that it can be switched to NDS flashcart to play ds games after all).
I started following the guide from the r4i-B9s web-page, but just after the luma config I got an error, something like "cannot decrypt ctrnand".
Then I remembered that my ds was bricked, so I should have expected an error like that.
So now I'm following the ctrtransfer guide (3ds.guide), but when I reboot the ds (section II. 19) I get an exception:

An exception occurred
Processor: ARM9
Exception type: prefetch abort (svcBreak)

What I'm doing wrong? Do you have a different/better guide?

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Ok, after some considerations I bought the B9S (it seems that it can be switched to NDS flashcart to play ds games after all).
I started following the guide from the r4i-B9s web-page, but just after the luma config I got an error, something like "cannot decrypt ctrnand".
Then I remembered that my ds was bricked, so I should have expected an error like that.
So now I'm following the ctrtransfer guide (3ds.guide), but when I reboot the ds (section II. 19) I get an exception:

An exception occurred
Processor: ARM9
Exception type: prefetch abort (svcBreak)

What I'm doing wrong? Do you have a different/better guide?
Use decrypt9 for CTRtransfer (it uses a different method than GM9). You need to create folder "files9" on root of your sd and put .bin files there. Then boot to Decrypt9 -> SysNAND Options -> CTRNAND transfer -> Auto CTRNAND Transfer -> Enter the combo -> choose your file -> "A" to start.

Last edited by Kubas_inko,
Reactions: Quantumcat

Kamahl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Ok, tried decrypt9 two times (just to be sure) but I'm still getting the same exception.
Is it worth to try a different CTRNAND? (I'm using the one linked from 3ds.guide)
My next attempt would be to use Lazarus3DS, but I'm not sure where to get all the required .bin/.sha

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Ok, tried decrypt9 two times (just to be sure) but I'm still getting the same exception.
Is it worth to try a different CTRNAND? (I'm using the one linked from 3ds.guide)
Mu next attempt would be to use Lazarus3DS, but I'm not sure where to get all the required .bin/.sha
Try the force method in dercypt9 (not the auto method)

Kamahl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
update:
I've tried with an older ctrtransfer (2.1.0) to see if it was any better.
Now instead of the exception I get:
Failed to mount CTRNAND.

Even worse now decrypt9 fails to start:
0x1B KeyX: already set up
0x24 KeyY: not found
Initialization: failed

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
update:
I've tried with an older ctrtransfer (2.1.0) to see if it was any better.
Now instead of the exception I get:
Failed to mount CTRNAND.

Even worse now decrypt9 fails to start:
0x1B KeyX: already set up
0x24 KeyY: not found
Initialization: failed
do 115. CTRtransfer with GM9 and then try running Decrypt9. Or try found some scripts for that. I know there are some, but don't know where.

Kamahl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
do 115. CTRtransfer with GM9 and then try running Decrypt9. Or try found some scripts for that. I know there are some, but don't know where.
I tried to CTRtransfer 11.5 with GM9, but it doesn't get any better, still Failed to mount CTRNAND(luma)/Initialization: failed(Decrypt9).

One script that could fix this is Lazarus3DS, but I've no idea where to find the nand_hdr.bin, twln.bin, twlp.bin, sector0x96.bin, boot9strap.bin, sighax_hdr.bin, twlmbr.bin files that are required.
Unless someone is willing to run the Lazarus3DS-Prep.gm9 and share the files with me.

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I tried to CTRtransfer 11.5 with GM9, but it doesn't get any better, still Failed to mount CTRNAND(luma)/Initialization: failed(Decrypt9).

One script that could fix this is Lazarus3DS, but I've no idea where to find the nand_hdr.bin, twln.bin, twlp.bin, sector0x96.bin, boot9strap.bin, sighax_hdr.bin, twlmbr.bin files that are required.
Unless someone is willing to run the Lazarus3DS-Prep.gm9 and share the files with me.
But that's not how it works (I guess) You should run both scripts. First the prep and second the full.

Kamahl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
But that's not how it works (I guess) You should run both scripts. First the prep and second the full.
I don't think so, anyway I've found the required files from a youtube video (user Yakaracolombia) and now my 3ds is alive :yay3ds:.
Next I'm going to create some backups, just in case for next time. What should I back-up?

invaderyoyo

invader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When ntrboothax was released I purposely bricked one of my hardmodded 3ds's by flashing a nand backup from another 3ds to it. Ntrboothax worked fine, but I couldn't unbrick it without using a nand backul, which is what I wanted. I just gave up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la