[Help] Trying to change Planet Robobot Opening

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Mariohax, Jun 3, 2017.

1. Mariohax
    OP

Mariohax Member

Newcomer
    Nov 7, 2015
    United States
    Well, I've managed to get this far with what I learned. I wanted to replace the opening of Kirby Planet Robobot with a different video entirely. The video was a .moflex I extracted from a regular .cia of it, but I doubt that should matter as it ran perfectly fine when using the MobiclipDecoder. I simply dragged it to the decrypted game's mov folder and replaced the old Opening.moflex with it, and after installing it and booting up the game, once I reached that point the game kicked me back to the home menu with "An Error Has Occurred". Is there anything I can do, or do we simply not have the ability to do things like this yet?

2. Stovven

Stovven Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 8, 2017
    United States
    The Super Secret Box In SIiva HQ
    if the game kicks you out this mean one of the files do not work or are missing, about moflex i cant help you with that

3. Mariohax
    OP

Mariohax Member

Newcomer
    Nov 7, 2015
    United States
    That would definetely be helpful!
    I took the moflex from a different .cia, but it ran fine when I put it through the decoder. I did notice something strange, however: when I took the original file, it showed up sideways, yet when I open up the replacement it's right-side up. Maybe that's why it's crashing?
    I'll try to replace the file again right now, if I fail then I'll attach the moflex to my next reply.

4. Mariohax
    OP

Mariohax Member

Newcomer
    Nov 7, 2015
    United States
  5. Stovven

Stovven Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 8, 2017
    United States
  6. Asdolo

Asdolo the Hedgehog

Apr 29, 2016
    Argentina
    Buenos Aires
    Maybe the new moflex had a bad video resolution?
    Maybe the game is expecting a 3D video?

You can try at least to replace the original moflex you want to change with another one from the same game just as a first test to see if it's actually replaceable.

Enviado desde mi XT1635-02 mediante Tapatalk

7. Stovven

Stovven Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 8, 2017
    United States
    The ending for planet robobot (restored to life) has 3d support so I can see how its broken

8. Stovven

Stovven Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 8, 2017
    United States
    so i found out why its sideways, here's how the the opening runs in a moflex player, you have to make the moflex sideways or it looks weird to the game
    [​IMG]
    may i also ask how you made a moflex in question

9. Mariohax
    OP

Mariohax Member

Newcomer
    Nov 7, 2015
    United States
    I didn't actually make the moflex file myself, it was originally part of a larger .cia meant to be installed onto the 3ds itself. Would it be alright for me to share the link to the cia here?