Hacking help to set up my r4

ratgamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hi im new to forum, having just got my R4 revoloution today. Ive installed moonshell 1.71 and set that up, _system_ with usrcheat, and have ds menu(datfile), ds mhl and ds menu system file in the root of my micro sd. can someone please tell me how to set up my r4 correctly as i can get into it but i cant use it ie i keep getting told that i cant access exe.dat or .sys. i mainly want to use the rd for cheats and if someone could please help me id be very grateful.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ratgamer said:
Hi im new to forum, having just got my R4 revoloution today. Ive installed moonshell 1.71 and set that up, _system_ with usrcheat, and have ds menu(datfile), ds mhl and ds menu system file in the root of my micro sd. can someone please tell me how to set up my r4 correctly as i can get into it but i cant use it ie i keep getting told that i cant access exe.dat or .sys. i mainly want to use the rd for cheats and if someone could please help me id be very grateful.

is it a REAL R4?

there are LOADS of R4 clone type cards out there ...

R4 III

R4 II

R4 ADVANCE

R4 SDHC

etc etc

there is only 1 REAL R4DS theres a link in my signature that shows images and tells you if you have a REAL R4 or not
smile.gif

If you have a clone card you will need to go to their website and use THEIR kernel files for it to work
smile.gif

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ratgamer said:
Im pretty sure its a genuine R4. I cant access your sig so can you post the link? and whats wrong with a R4?

you maby have signatures turned off in your settings but heres a repost of my original posting ..

kobykaan said:
GUIDE for checking if your R4 is REAL or NOT!
smile.gif

as ive said many times ..points to look out for on fakes ...

PLASTIC colour is usually BLACK and not GREY BLACK which real R4's are.

Sticker will say something like UPGRADE or just R4 or R4DS and not ..

QUOTER4

Revolution for DS

(NDSL/NDS)

as it should be on a REAL R4

the sticker also has GRADIENT shading top to bottom black through to GREY at the bottom

there are 3 main versions of R4

original GREY BLACK

originalza81op9.jpg

original white (supplied to chinese market or used to come as an additional optional case with original R4)

(pic is not that great was only one I could find at the minute)

originalwhiteat3mp2.jpg

and the VERSION 2

version2qr8az1.jpg

note ALL of them have the same GRADIENT SHADING top to bottom of the sticker and ALL have the SAME WORDING as mentioned above!

VERSION 2 has the grooves in the sides near the top and NO SPRING LOADER for the micro SD and the fins on the back where the pcb connector edge is there are only one at each side on the V2 and they are all the way across as per retail game card splitting the pcb strips between each contact pad
smile.gif

V2 contact strip

stripv2xw6ol4.jpg

V1 contact strip

v1stripzk7cn4.jpg

and the FASTEST WAY of telling if you have a FAKE or not is the CHIP sticking up/out under the sticker!

ALL REAL VERSIONS of R4 are FLUSH solid casing front and back you should not/cannot feel any chip any where under the sticker!

smile.gif

@Sir-Fritz and your point is??

some people still do not know exactly which card to buy and why ....and as R4 most probably has the most followers and most comments on most forums then no doubt this is why most users turn to them!

remember it was a VERY POPULAR slot 1 card at one point who knows what was to come with the R4 future if NINTENDO hadn't interfered!

also remember are HERE TO HELP not RIDICULE! or pass comment on what people spend THEIR OWN MONEY ON!

/rant off

ratgamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
according to the post, mine is a version 2 R4. so back on the topic, what software and where abouts do i need on my micro sd?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: hi