PS1/2 Help to loading a game from USB!!

JAF-DOL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi
I bought a ps2 memory card which have free mcboot installed already with 1.93 version in it. And I plug it to my playstation 2 slim and when it turned on it shows following:
Browser, system configuration, ulaunchELF and free mcboot configurator.

I select ulaunchelf and the screen turns white where I can file browser and it are showing next some folders where the mass:/ is my usb.

And I have already created following folders named with CAPS on: "DVD", "CD", "CFG", and "art" and formatted my usb into a fat32 and defrag following to this guide: http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9575 ( How to use Open PS2 Loader to play PS2 games from USB part)

And I have for example atelier iris 3 and silent hill 4 the room in the dvd folder named like this:
SLES-52445.04Silent Hill 4 The Room.iso

But when I try to load it, I got a message which is telling me that the file is not a elf file... how do I load the iso exactly??

I really hope I can get some help in this because I am clueless as a noobie to this...
or should I use a hard drive instead a usb to this or what??

The picture are showing how my usb looks like from the root if it can be of any help. And as you can see I got the open loader elf and also hdloader in my usb.

Edit: Maybe I shall try ESR-patch and burn my games instead...

Attachments

• com.JPG
    com.JPG
    31.6 KB · Views: 537

JAF-DOL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I really don´t know what you mean by that because I have these two files named: OPLO.9.1 (r644), OPNPS2LD.ELF and GSmo37.ELF and I have both tried to load these which bring me to the menu of the loader(which is blue in the background) but are you saying that I should launch the loader and then quit the loader which brings me back all to memory card browsering and then open again ulaucnh.elf and find the game and start it up... I am confused now because it are not working at all..

Or there is also a folder called OPL/ in MC0:/ where there are some files with icn, sys and cfs in the back or I am missing the file OPL.ELF which you mention about??

FYI my model number of my ps2 is SCPH-70004 if it be can be of any help:)

Essometer

Needs data
Trophies
Website
none.de
XP
Country
Germany
From my experience, the OpenPS2Loader is not the weapon of choice. The game detection
is flimsy, some games will stutter because of the PS2 USB 1.1 port, and the general user experience isn´t that good.

Get yourself a 50 pack DVD spindle, ESR patch the ISOs and you are good to go.

JAF-DOL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I actually just thinking about the same idea because from what I can see for the compatibility for ESR there is overall a better compatibility for the games: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AuQToIOFaG-ldFRuRVNLbl85Z1RwR1NRTGIta0J1emc&gid=22

So first I need to buy some discs... are these good enough??:
Verbatim 43548 16x DVD-R - Spindle 50 Pack

And is there a good and easy guide to ESR patch the ISOs??
Edit: Just found a guide here how to do it:P(FYI I got ESR in the system menu on my playstation 2)
: http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?80570-PS2-Softmod-ultimate-guide&p=1583525#post1583525

I will be back again in the next following days if I need some more help after I got the discs and patched them:)

JAF-DOL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just a quick question are the playstation 2 games normally DVD 5 or DVD9?? And which one should I use:unsure:
And can I use NTSC isos since my playstation is an european one to this ESR stuff??

Essometer

Needs data
Trophies
Website
none.de
XP
Country
Germany
Here is a list of all PS2 DVD 9 games. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_2_DVD-9_games
98% of all PS2 games are DVD5, so I suggest a DVD5 spindle. I read something about DVD-R,
but everything goes. I for myselft use noname blank disk form my local discounter and have no issues.

With ESR, you can play games of all regions.

Just get the ESR patcher, which is a simple to use exe, patch the ISO and burn it
with your favorite burner.

JAF-DOL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WOW thank you so much for this... i am gonna try this next week because the stores are closed todayXD

Edit: I am gonna buy this:
Verbatim 43548 16x DVD-R - Spindle 50 Pack

from amazon since I can´t not really find any dvd 5 spindle on google. So I am hoping it goes well with DVD-RB-)

Deleted member 333767

Trophies
XP
From my experience, the OpenPS2Loader is not the weapon of choice. The game detection
is flimsy, some games will stutter because of the PS2 USB 1.1 port, and the general user experience isn´t that good.

+1 to this. You might think its not as convenient as storing games on a USB but beleive me, once you play a game through USB 1.1 you mind will quickly change, LOL!

JAF-DOL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Buy DVD-R, preferably Taiyo Yuden DVD-R.

As for Open PS2 Loader, open the ELF (this will launch the loader). Once loader is launched switch to USB tab and the game should be there.

Honestly, go watch couple of YouTube video on Open PS2 Loader if you still don't know what to do.

JAF-DOL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
As for the open ps2 loader, I have just started the loader up and go into the settings and set following like these:
Check USB game defragmentaion= OFF
USB device start mode= Manual
HDD device start mode =Manual
ETH device start mode =Manual
Applications device start mode= manual'

And then I saved the setttings I just set on and press circle button and then I tried to run the device and it are showing as it is loading but nothing came up... I am so confused that I am soon to give this up and wait for my next payment in next month to buy those dvd-r...:glare:

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States

USB on PS2 sucks, but OPL is great for Ethernet loading, which is easier than burning tons of DVD's.

JAF-DOL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ethernet loading seems kind of easier according to this guide on youtube:
And we have a lot of these crossover cables here at home so maybe I should start looking to it perhaps:lol:

JAF-DOL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, I have just tried but it did not work at all... all I got was an error message which tells me: Network startup error 300 (I was using a Windows 7 laptop and I made a folder called PS2 GAMES... bascially I followed this guide: http://versatile1.wordpress.com/201...ion-2-ps2-using-openps2loader-a-novice-guide/ and the video...
So I guess I just have to do the ESR thing after all:glare:

Edit: One question, I am gonna use IMGburn and I am a little confused which speed I should burn the game in the disc??

Edit: I configure some of the network settings but now it says this: "SMB server 300" OMG

JAF-DOL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Great news guys:)
My dad suddenly found some DVD+R in the our living room (yeah, no kidding I feel like a idiot right now):wtf:
and I instantly try these out and it worked... I was like OMG when it was playing the game just fine with no lags so far.
I used Imgbrun and unclicked vertify and selected AWS... and after only 2-3 min. it is done!
I am so happy that it end this well and it was not gonna happen if you guys did not help me out so I am just gonna say thank you very much for helping!! :lol:

Have a nice weekend!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo