[HELP] System Transfer banned 3DS

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Majickhat55, Nov 21, 2016.

1. Majickhat55
    OP

Majickhat55 The Red Woman

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Asshai
    So I've already unbanned my DS but I was just wondering if you do a system transfer from the banned DS to an unbanned one, will that one be banned too? Probably a stupid question but I'd rather be safe vs sorry. TIA!

2. alpha_noj

alpha_noj GBAtemp Regular

May 29, 2009
    United States
    You can't system transfer, as it verifies on Nintendo servers. However, I'm curious if the CFW patch being worked on would allow this and somehow fix the online ban as well, as we know systems that have been transferred to can unban online by themselves.

3. Majickhat55
    OP

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Asshai
    Well I'm asking because I've already bypassed my online ban, and can use the eShop just fine without an NNID so.... The console let's me use system transfer (after verifying through the internet) it asks me what console to transfer etc etc

4. alpha_noj

May 29, 2009
    United States
    Then you *should* be OK, but wait for people with more technical knowledge to confirm. I'm not sure what the current situation is on recovering NNID's also, so that may be gone (I believe people with Pokemon Banks are upset over this most, as they lost their banks).

5. Majickhat55
    OP

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Asshai
    Not at all worried about the NNID. I just don't want my unbanne(banned) console to effect my new one during the transfer. I'm just trying to do the dsIware downgrade lol.

6. squall14716

squall14716 GBAtemp Maniac

May 16, 2011
    United States
    I'm not sure we have a definite answer on this. I'd lean toward it being fine, but I could also see it going the other way.

7. alpha_noj

May 29, 2009
    United States
    This whole situation is going to be a time will tell deal I think. I will say I haven't been disappointed by the community here in coming up with solutions quickly--I just hope there are more long term, eye opening methods being considered/checked still.