Hacking HELP!! Switch stuck at boot logo after choidujour update

Monstacho

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Hi, I recently updated my switch from 8.0.0 to 9.0.1, I had installed atmosphere and updated all the files of it (overwriting), so in choidujour I had ticked the autorcm option to prevent the burning fuses, but after the update the switch showed the atmosphere logo and then the switch logo but stucked at it, I don't know what to do, I have some questions right now.

1. Will the fuses burn if I shutdown the switch and then power on it?, or autoRCM will still works after the update?
2. I have my NAND backup somewhere in a external HDD, but I can't have it right now since it is in another house far from me, is there a possibility to recover the switch without the NAND backup?

Thanks in advance for the replies.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
autoRCM will stay on until you remove it. You probably have an exfat sd card and didnt select exfat when you updated. Make a new fat32 formatted card and redo the update and choose exfat this time. Then your other card will work

Monstacho

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
autoRCM will stay on until you remove it. You probably have an exfat sd card and didnt select exfat when you updated. Make a new fat32 formatted card and redo the update and choose exfat this time. Then your other card will work
Yes, that was exactly the problem, I had an exFat sdcard and then I formatted it to fat32 and now the switch is running like a charm :D what format is recommended for the sd card on switch, fat32 or exFat?

Canna

Bad Ass Poisonous Mushroom
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, that was exactly the problem, I had an exFat sdcard and then I formatted it to fat32 and now the switch is running like a charm :D what format is recommended for the sd card on switch, fat32 or exFat?
Fat32 is limited to 4gb,
use exfat games larger then 4gb,

Or you can use fat32 and split ya games in parts...

Recommend You do the exact same update again, and make sure to select exfat option
and format sd back to exfat

And also exfat is easier to use for nand backup

Monstacho

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Fat32 is limited to 4gb,
use exfat games larger then 4gb,

Or you can use fat32 and split ya games in parts...

Recommend You do the exact same update again, and make sure to select exfat option
and format sd back to exfat

And also exfat is easier to use for nand backup

I had the sd card in exfat and selected the exfat option when I updated, so I'll keep fat32 to avoid problems, one last thing, I made a backup of my games and saves when I formatted the sd card from exfat to fat32, and now I can't initialize my games, can it be because of the sd card format changed?

Canna

Bad Ass Poisonous Mushroom
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the sd card in exfat and selected the exfat option when I updated, so I'll keep fat32 to avoid problems, one last thing, I made a backup of my games and saves when I formatted the sd card from exfat to fat32, and now I can't initialize my games, can it be because of the sd card format changed?
Could be, i still recommend you revert back to exfat to avoid some issues. but its your choice.

Run the same process you did before but just change that one option to exfat.
8m9agsw3o6021.jpg

Last edited by Canna,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: or well somewhat