Android HELP! Stuck in a Boot Loop, Thanks EA!

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a device stuck in a boot loop due to a dpi change. Now I can get to the launcher if I go into recovery, do a factory reset and let the device go to launcher from there. The moment I press the power button to make it go to sleep is the moment it resets into a boot loop only for me to have to do the "recovery start" all over again. I have a update in "IMG" format but the damn program provided by the device maker to update really sucks.

1) is there a way I can turn this IMG into ZIP?

2) I read about a program called UniFlash but I cant seem to find it anywhere. Other than that program, is there any other way I can flash my ROM via PC with my device in debug mode?

3) FUCK EA, this is all because I wanted to install my legally purchased copy of Dead Space and they wanted to give me a stupid country code (error 5002). Rat bastards! Apparently EA games don't play well with the bottom bar in Android 4.0. Especially on a 7 inch tablet.

NunonixXd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
what is your device?
You have two options:
1- search for a android image of your device and flash it with odin
2- take the device to factory and pay for the repair.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what is your device?
You have two options:
1- search for a android image of your device and flash it with odin
2- take the device to factory and pay for the repair.

I should close this thread. :) I don't have the boot loop issue anymore but it would be nice if I could find some way around that stupid EA country code bullshit! I cant play Dead Space and Mass Effect on my tab because of this crap :(

Rizsparky

Saiyan Prince
Trophies
XP
Country
I should close this thread. :) I don't have the boot loop issue anymore but it would be nice if I could find some way around that stupid EA country code bullshit! I cant play Dead Space and Mass Effect on my tab because of this crap :(
Have you tried changing the build.prop? You can change the country code of the device with an editor

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Ah, okay.
Just want to mention that if you ever get the issue again, you can pull /system/build.prop using ADB from recovery (or while the device is boot looping if you have USB debugging enabled), change ro.sf.lcd_density back to what it was originally (removing it may also work, unsure about this) and push it back onto the device. I've had to do this before when I tried changing the LCD density. I'm unsure why nothing mentions that changing it can cause boot loops, but it has for me on both devices I've tried it on.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, okay.
Just want to mention that if you ever get the issue again, you can pull /system/build.prop using ADB from recovery (or while the device is boot looping if you have USB debugging enabled), change ro.sf.lcd_density back to what it was originally (removing it may also work, unsure about this) and push it back onto the device. I've had to do this before when I tried changing the LCD density. I'm unsure why nothing mentions that changing it can cause boot loops, but it has for me on both devices I've tried it on.
Ah, okay.

Is there a way to change LCD density while the tablet is on with debug mode on? Also, in regards to the EA Games situation, I'll upload my build.prop so people can give me some pointers :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All I gotta do is not spend $10 in the next 5 days and I'll break even this month lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/YMAa6obDNZs?si=rymChLKeTdyS8nqk