HELP! Stuck in a Boot Loop, Thanks EA!

Discussion in 'Android' started by LightyKD, Jan 28, 2013.

Jan 28, 2013
  1. LightyKD
    OP

Member LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

United States
    I have a device stuck in a boot loop due to a dpi change. Now I can get to the launcher if I go into recovery, do a factory reset and let the device go to launcher from there. The moment I press the power button to make it go to sleep is the moment it resets into a boot loop only for me to have to do the "recovery start" all over again. I have a update in "IMG" format but the damn program provided by the device maker to update really sucks.

1) is there a way I can turn this IMG into ZIP?

2) I read about a program called UniFlash but I cant seem to find it anywhere. Other than that program, is there any other way I can flash my ROM via PC with my device in debug mode?

3) FUCK EA, this is all because I wanted to install my legally purchased copy of Dead Space and they wanted to give me a stupid country code (error 5002). Rat bastards! Apparently EA games don't play well with the bottom bar in Android 4.0. Especially on a 7 inch tablet.

2. NunonixXd

Newcomer NunonixXd Member

what is your device?
    You have two options:
    1- search for a android image of your device and flash it with odin
    2- take the device to factory and pay for the repair.

3. LightyKD
    OP

United States
    I should close this thread. :) I don't have the boot loop issue anymore but it would be nice if I could find some way around that stupid EA country code bullshit! I cant play Dead Space and Mass Effect on my tab because of this crap :(

4. NunonixXd

Newcomer NunonixXd Member

idk why i have a samsung galaxy s plus and ive played all ea games and no problem

5. Rizsparky

Member Rizsparky Saiyan Prince

United Kingdom
    Have you tried changing the build.prop? You can change the country code of the device with an editor

6. The Real Jdbye

Member The Real Jdbye D:

Norway
    Ah, okay.
    Just want to mention that if you ever get the issue again, you can pull /system/build.prop using ADB from recovery (or while the device is boot looping if you have USB debugging enabled), change ro.sf.lcd_density back to what it was originally (removing it may also work, unsure about this) and push it back onto the device. I've had to do this before when I tried changing the LCD density. I'm unsure why nothing mentions that changing it can cause boot loops, but it has for me on both devices I've tried it on.

7. LightyKD
    OP

United States
    Is there a way to change LCD density while the tablet is on with debug mode on? Also, in regards to the EA Games situation, I'll upload my build.prop so people can give me some pointers :)